The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

People who have owned an Evo and DSM which did you like more and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While I have never owned an evo, I will say I don't think they are good-looking cars. Come on, four doors and way too boxy. With the best looking wheels and drop, they look good..but not great. I just can't invest in a car that I don't think looks great or WILL look great in the end.

One thing I never understand about car debates is the whole "xyz car handles so much better". I don't think I've ever felt, not one time, that any of my cars needed to handle better for me to enjoy it. I honestly have never understood this, and I'm a guy who has lived outside of major Texas cities where there are lots of back roads and such to push a car. I don't know, with my Feals and revamped chassis, I could really push the talon hard but I'm just not into risking my life just to get a little bit of extra g-force on a back road. So, I've always wondered where people are getting this enjoyment of handling. Is it when you're turning into the supermarket? Maybe that once a year parking lot autocross stuff? Never seemed worth it to me, which is why I've always stuck with poor-handling DSMs. Rant over.

Yes, black 2gb tsi's are one of my favorite cars from the 90's. I always wanted one, so i talked my wife into getting it for her haha :)

Its extremely clean. It was bought brand new by an older man in his 70's. After he passed his family kept it for a bit, then sold it. Its 100% stock, however its an automatic. But thats ok.

I have a few extra turbos laying around, I might put a T28 on it, and get rid of the plastic BOV... they leak about 8 psi...

But yeah, i really like the gsx you got, sounds like your doing all the right things first, like maintenance! Well done. Keep a build log if you have the time, they can be fun to look back on, even if your just bring it back to 100% show room, stockish condition. Its very rare to find a dsm with that low of miles... take your time with her and enjoy :)
I plan to:D

I love the way Talon's look they just have such a unique style even compared to the eclipses. But yes I'm not going to do any sort of modification until the car is a 100% and I'm not going to cut any corners with mods either. Too many of these cars have been ruined. I payed a lot of money for this one and I don't want to cheapen it.

I'm debating between getting a T28 or 16g myself. I'm leaning towards the T28 just because I want to stay as close to stock as possible and my power goals are not that high. That's pretty far down the line though as there is a lot I need to get done before any mods happen :p

While I have never owned an evo, I will say I don't think they are good-looking cars. Come on, four doors and way too boxy. With the best looking wheels and drop, they look good..but not great. I just can't invest in a car that I don't think looks great or WILL look great in the end.

One thing I never understand about car debates is the whole "xyz car handles so much better". I don't think I've ever felt, not one time, that any of my cars needed to handle better for me to enjoy it. I honestly have never understood this, and I'm a guy who has lived outside of major Texas cities where there are lots of back roads and such to push a car. I don't know, with my Feals and revamped chassis, I could really push the talon hard but I'm just not into risking my life just to get a little bit of extra g-force on a back road. So, I've always wondered where people are getting this enjoyment of handling. Is it when you're turning into the supermarket? Maybe that once a year parking lot autocross stuff? Never seemed worth it to me, which is why I've always stuck with poor-handling DSMs. Rant over.

I personally think evo look good but I get where your coming from. I do agree in regards to myself at least about the handling. I doubt I would ever drive either car hard enough nor am I a skilled enough driver to notice the difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back