The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G parts car for awd swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98MitzuGST

Proven Member
Dec 29, 2014
bay city, Michigan
just picked up a parts car to swap awd into my gst
has rebuilt trans with evo 1 2 and shimmed tighter with new synchros
has motor but it has no turbo or exhaust mani and no crank pully
got some pics but i got it for 500 bucks and was just wondering if i got a deal or not based on what yall pay for this stuff?

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 105
rear is open as far as i know, but yea i was able to put it up on some jacks and the rear subframe and everything looked good, the shell is rusty on the floors and trunk bottom and some really weird thick bondo on the driver side rear. and the interior is like half striped. got it from some subaru guys so they prlly didnt know what they had :D

Ah good. Lol

I'm putting together a much more detailed AWD swap article as I found from my first one that there were some things that weren't very clear. Now that I'm done my 3rd swap, it's much quicker due to knowing the small things.

Also, for the driveshaft carrier bearing brackets, the spot welds can be hard to locate so before clearing the rust off the bracket, mark the spot weld locations.

`cool thanks for the good info, i have read some other how to's and stuff before getting the car and i have access to a 2 post lift so i think me n 2 guys can knock it out in a few full days. where is your article on this? since i don't think i seen it yet and im tying to get informed as possible before taking it on

I was supposed to have it done, but I've been busy with another customers car so that's set me back on doing the write up.

When are you doing the swap? I've done it on the ground and on a hoist and it wasn't too different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back