Partial emissions delete?

Posted by anokh3, May 23, 2011
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. anokh3

anokh3 Probationary Member

DSM Profiles:
    N. Kingsville, Ohio
    I want to clean up the engine bay. I've seen tons of threads w/the diagrams and what not, but I was wondering if I could tackle this over the course of some time (I work slowly, since I learn as I go). Can I remove some of the hoses and cap them off without completing the whole thing in one sitting or would there be a problem driving around like that? I couldn't find anything through the search about what you can remove / what would be the consequences if you only remove some of it at a time. I don't mean to turn it into a huge debate, just wondering if anyone thinks it would be alright to remove some vacuum hoses / cap them off without doing it all at once. Hope its not too stupid of a question, and thanks in advance!
  2. TsiJohn333

TsiJohn333 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Goffstown, New_Hampshire
    The only stupid question is the question not asked. for your emissions delete, what are you planning on deleting. I take it that your gonna remove and cap off the vaccumm lines on your tb, remove all your emission sensors with the vaccumm lines. are you going to be removing the EGR valve and using a plate to block it off. if your gonna do just the emissions delete, i suggest to just do it all at once. it shouldnt take long to delete everything.
  3. Orange Car

Orange Car Proven Member

Redford, Michigan
    Do it all at once... If you have concerns, perform a boost leak test after each delete.

EGR removal will buy you the most new found space.
  4. RedDragonGSX97

RedDragonGSX97 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Johnson City, Tennessee
    Not trying to revive a dead thread but i have a similar question. I just bought another 2g turbo throttle body as mine has major boost leaks. I want to do delete emissions but I wont have time to really work on it till next week. i would like to have the ports welded closed while its currently off the car. if I weld them and put the tb on can I leave the vac lines just hanging there unplugged without any issues until next week when I can yank all the emissions crap. Any help is appreciated
  5. 1g-awd-talon

1g-awd-talon Probationary Member

Martinsburg, West_Virginia
    I'm new this but AS I read and re-read the diagrams I don't believe you can just leave the hoses hanging because that would cause a vac. leak but a thought would be to put a screw in the lines so you are blocking off the vac leak. Correct me if I'm wrong. everyone
  6. RedDragonGSX97

RedDragonGSX97 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Johnson City, Tennessee
    If I unplug the lines from tb then they wouldn't be getting any vacuum woul they.I had intended to plug them with a screw