The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Palisades Park, need help with build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vl4bad

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2012
North NJ, New_Jersey
So i finally got my car back after it sat in queens for a year at a garage and i never was able to come up with the money to pay for the work so i just moved to a new place and have my own garage again.
need too diagnose what is wrong with the car, besides it being an electrical nightmare, i have to rip out the alarm system, and i want to re-do all my wiring and basically unbuild to rebuild so there are no issues later. this is the millionth time I've done this i just need some decent help and smart DSM people because I'm sick of letting people touch the car only to make it worse than what it was. 3478859382 david

the motor sounds like something is knocking, the bottom end was 'supposedly a 2.3l 200 miles raced on' block, and finally after forever of waiting due to parts missing i got the car started but it sounds HORRIBLE. i have jim wolf 3d standalone management ecu, which was "dialed in" by a tuner for a first start and idle, but i don't know if theres something wrong with the motor, or if its just cut the car sat for 3 years with no start. i dont know what to do, advice is appreciated, i would like to drive the car. so do i just unbuild everything, rip out the wiring, find and order new interior/engine bay harnesses to know nothing electrical can be tampered with until lightening up the harness later, unbuild the motor rebuild the motor, re-install everything...I DONT KNOW!

Anyone in the north jersey area? Need help diagnosing this motor before pulling it. Appreciate it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back