The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved P0400 EGR flow code

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenshinHimura

Probationary Member
Jul 14, 2018
C falls, Ohio
I am a bit at a loss with trying to figure out what is causing the code the keep popping up. I recently had taken in my car (1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 4g64) to my regular mechanic to get this code solved. The report back from my mechanic was that the EGR valve functioned properly and was not leaking, the ECU tested good and he replaced the EGR Solenoid that mounts on the firewall and the reddish vacuum control valve that fits on the other part of that bracket. I found that the car will stumble if the white vacuum line from the firewall solenoid is blocked by my finger. Due to time issues, I wasn't able to check the yellow line that goes from the firewall solenoid to the back of the engine, but did check the other lines. I did find the one white line that goes from the solenoid to a splitter and to the vacuum control valve would not allow air to flow. There was an M to M fitting between the valve and the splitter and on the side that was M to Vac Valve there was a small piece of brass that looked to be inside the hose and found out that it was caked with carbon. I cleaned out that piece of brass that looked to be a reducer of some sort and reinstalled it. The Idle sits a little lower now (about 800 RPM) and never has run rough at idle. I am not sure if that brass piece had anything to do with this code or not. Only other things I can think of are the Manifold pressure sensor or maybe if there is a clog in the throttle body hose inlets for the white and green lines.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The mdp sensor could be failing, the ecu expects to see a voltage swing from it when the egr valve is commanded on, if it doesnt a code is flagged and a cel is set.

Well, I ended up replacing the MDP sensor and the light has stayed off and allowed me to pass Echeck. I'm thinking that's what the initial issue was and it hasn't come back since.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back