The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G OVER TORQUED INTAKE!! Should i Loosen or Leave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twizted99GSX

Proven Member
Oct 12, 2014
Champaign, Illinois
Found out that the Inside Intake bolts are to be Torqued to 14 lbs and my Friend who helped me torque them down said they were supposed to be 30 so now that I know they are NOT to be 30 do I loosen them to 14 or will the gasket be messed up from being torqued down so hard.? or leave them? will they pop off or break over time if left at that high of torque.

The outside ones are to be at 30 lbs but not the inside ones and those are at 30 all around..

Thank you for help

I can't say I have ever torqued intake manifold bolts down... Just good ol fashioned German "gootntite". Never had a leak.
But being an m8 thread, I would venture to say somewhere around 22 is about what it's supposed to be.

Don't worry about the gasket.

You're lucky you didn't strip the head when you were torquing them to 30ft/lbs since it's aluminum. None the less, I'd let it be if you don't have any boost leaks and just be mindful of the actual torque spec the next time you R&R the IM.

YES... I am lying.. I choose to make up a story to get a bunch of answers that mean nothing cause I actually didn't do it..... Yes I did torque down to 30 and I am glad I didn't strip anything.. I loosened a little and hope I didn't stretch or mess up anything. AND MY GASKET ISNT A PAPER GASKET... its a Thermal Gasket so it has some Thickness too it.. But thanks ill post if anything bad happens after start up...

and I don't have AC... SO no compressor... I torqued them down from under the car...

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back