The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Other models to use for parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mshelby

Probationary Member
Aug 1, 2011
Ridgeland, Mississippi
I have a 1stgen 1996 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible. It was my daughters car but I've adopted it and plan to fix 'er up! I plan to find some parts at various salvage yards (and online).

I'm just wondering if there are other mitsubishi models that share some of the same mechanical parts under the hood. I guess I know about the eagle talon, but I'm wondering about other mitsubishi models for swappable parts?

Is there a website that might give specs on models with interchangeable parts? I'm looking for a power steering pump, but may end up needing other parts within the power steering system, for example.
Thanks in advance for your replies!

Plymouth Laser, an the Mitsubishi non turbo'd car will most likely match your car. Is the Spyder a 4g63 turbo or non turbo? Also the 420 A in Chyrslers other cars will be a match to some parts regardless. The Sebring and Stratus 4 cylinders may get you some parts you need. There may be others but I'm not sure.

It's a non-turbo.
Also was wondering whether other Mitsubishi models (like the Galant, etc...) share interchangeable parts? aAnd if so, which model years align with the '96 Eclipse?
I realize that's a lot of info to request. I was hoping there might be a reference site or something I could check into... but I do appreciate any help!

Any dodge neon dohc motor has the 420a as well as any non turbo eclipse or talon from 95-99

you guys need to read up. spyder does not have a neon motor. its a sohc 2.4 mitsu motor. only the spyder had this. no talons ever did. op you may find parts in other 2.4 equipped mitsus. mitsubishi dealer software is available online and can give u cross references.

I recently picked up a 96 galant 2.4 auto to steal the transmission out of and put it into a spyder 2.4. Worked out great. The power steering pump from the galant looked like it would work on the spyder. Basically any mistu that has a 2.4 in proper orientation (engine on driver side, transmission on passenger side) SHOULD be able to swap over whatever you want, with little or no modification.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back