Ospho, evapo rust or, Por15?

Posted by tommiman, Jan 9, 2005
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. tommiman

tommiman Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Vaughan, Ontario_Canada
    I have read all the posts relating to rust.

I found that these were mentioned for rust converting/sealing:

Ospho, evapo rust and, Por15?

Which do you guys recommend and what makes it better than the other?

Thanks

2. aleccolin

aleccolin Proven Member

Blacksburg, Virginia
    For temporary rust treatment (like spray it now, fix it sometime later) just hit it with Ospho (or Right Stuff, same thing) and you're good. If you're looking really treat it get either POR-15 or better yet check out Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator. Works as well or better than POR-15 and is much easier to work with/apply.

3. tommiman

tommiman Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Vaughan, Ontario_Canada
    I need it for the bottom of my door edges and hatch edges. I'll probably bend the lips back and clean out as much as I can with my wire striper. Then apply POR15 starter kit. I hope this will work because the work I did for the same sections in August came back. Damn car cancer. You would not believe how generous they are up here with the salt. I was stuck right behind a salter on a ramp for a good 10 min. That's how slow he was going and laying it down really good. I wish I had garage/driveway space for a winter beater. My poor baby!