The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Options besides innovate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enriquez2000

Proven Member
Oct 5, 2014
fort collins, Colorado
Some have seen my trials and tribulations with innovate 02... well i did valve seals and new turbo so no oil being burned and im not running rich, but im only getting 500 or less miles out of the sensor. Innovate puts all blame on me of course but im beyond frustrated.

Is there something better that will work well with link?

well the best sensor and system in the world in the NTK systems! they are not cheap but alot of track cars i see all use them and swear by them, even the evo chap that build races cars swears by them!

when you say yours goes after 500 miles where is it? ive had mine for what about 3/4 years now and i am still on the original sensor and it works fine! have you checked your location to see if its the location thats causing it?

hhhmmmm, have you checked all your wires incase its spiking with voltage some something? maybe the controller box is bad? assuming lc1 here to correct me if i am wrong on the lc1 part

Well I had similar issue and I was at about 10 and it was still ruining my sensor I moved it to 12 and it has been fine. Well it was working fine when I was driving it had surgery and haven't been able to drive it.
Edit: I have the same mtxl also.

What's the issue with the sensor? What's it doing after 500 miles?
Sometimes less... but it starts jumping around and freezing at certain afrs making me stall out at lights until it finally goes to e8 code meaning sensor is bad. I swap a new one in and im good til the next time it flips out

At this point i would pay some one to figure it out. Tired of carrying spare sensors and early morning o2 sensor swaps on the road

For what it's worth i had horrible luck with my MTXL as well. I thought i was having sensor issues at only about 500 miles of use so i bought another one but the issue kept coming back. I dont think i had the same issue as you though. I eventually switched to an aem uego out of frustration and havent worried about my wideband since, even though others report trouble with the uego mines been reading/logging fine.

It
For what it's worth i had horrible luck with my MTXL as well. I thought i was having sensor issues at only about 500 miles of use so i bought another one but the issue kept coming back. I dont think i had the same issue as you though. I eventually switched to an aem uego out of frustration and havent worried about my wideband since, even though others report trouble with the uego mines been reading/logging fine.
Close to the same amount of miles... stalls and dies out when it goes because it cant tell evu the aft any more and its a real pain.

How do you have your sensor mounted now that its working with the aem?

I use an AEM WBO2 also. It's probably 10 years old or something & I'm still on the original sensor that came with. Mine is even before the UEGO gauge units. It's just the sensor & controller.

Lol. Maybe yours was built on a monday. I've had several units from innovate, all installed in the stock location and have had zero issues.

Where is your power and groUnd? I've had mine for 6-7 years and not one single issue and mines in the stock front o2 location. Even ran 100 oct, 110 Oct and my own race mix. No issues. Could just be your power wire or ground isn't cutting it. Under loads the volts dip and cause your issues? Don't most units use the Bosch sensors anyways? Aem, Plx I believe all use them.

Where is your power and groUnd? I've had mine for 6-7 years and not one single issue and mines in the stock front o2 location. Even ran 100 oct, 110 Oct and my own race mix. No issues. Could just be your power wire or ground isn't cutting it. Under loads the volts dip and cause your issues? Don't most units use the Bosch sensors anyways? Aem, Plx I believe all use them.
Wiring is fine.. the innovate issues usually have to do with their heat cycle. Im more frustrated at innovates lack of concern for an issue like this and pawning it off on the car. I may run it on a relay and see what happens than its direct battery power and ground to see if anythung changes.

You guys are aware swapping between the AEM and Innovate WBO2s is completely pointless, right? Both AEM and Innovate use the same Bosch 4.2LSU O2 sensor. I suppose some variations may be out there, but swapping brands isn't going to solve the problem.
https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16134
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pr...2-sensors/bosch-lsu-4-2-replacement-o2-sensor

My guess would be when other guy swapped from his Innovate to the AEM, he probably fixed whatever was screwed up in the first place which magically fixed the issue.

OP, your description of how you have the sensor setup seems fine from what you've posted here, but I'm almost positive there's something wrong with your configuration. Did this start when you switched to E85?

I've personally run the Innovate sensor in the O2 housing, and downstream in the downpipe with no issues in either location. There's something wrong, and I seriously doubt it's the sensor.

-How is it wired?
-Can you verify the heater circuit is function properly?
-Is your sensor currently wired into ECMlink?
-Do you have a log showing issues and/or proper operation?
-Are you performing the open air calibration correctly?

You guys are aware swapping between the AEM and Innovate WBO2s is completely pointless, right?

the difference would be the warm up cycle programming not the actual sensor. Also both companies have moved to 4.9 bosch which may(but not likely) help

OP

-How is it wired?
Accessory in and chasis ground

-Can you verify the heater circuit is function properly?

No when the o2 goes i have just swapped it out and it works for a bit again

-Is your sensor currently wired into ECMlink?

Yes
-Do you have a log showing issues and/or proper operation?

Proper operation i have plenty of logs but none when issues start. When it happens it will be while driving and gets stuck at various afrs until it finally gives me the dreaded e8 code.
-Are you performing the open air calibration correctly?
Yes every time

Answers in bold above. This did start happening after e85 switch. It would give me e8 before but i could reatart car and be ok for a while again. I dont know why e85 would make a difference, it hasnt in any other car ive switched over. Hell my honda has all stock fuel system on e85(minus the pump) and never had an issue with the plx i have on it. Pretty frustrated and id rather figure the issue out rather than spend another 150 on a new controller

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back