The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Optima red top

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex42590

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Pharr, Texas
Ok so my Optima redtop decided to take a dump on me 1 month after my 3yr warranty was up at Autozone :banghead:
has anyone had any warranty issues with Autozone? They said that they would give me 90 dollars towards another Optima only either a red or yellow top....I asked if I could downgrade to another battery and they said no :notgood:
after talking to another dsm buddy in El Paso he said that he had the same issue but they let him downgrade for free
anyone else in Texas have these warranty issues? is there another way around this?

You could take it up with their Corporate offices. That's the risk you take and so did I from buying that type of battery. I have orbital 6 which NAPA no longer sells anymore..Exide picked up that product line and selling them under a new vendor so my 5 year warranty I had with NAPA is no longer good. I am stuck with limited choices too.

Ok so my Optima redtop decided to take a dump on me 1 month after my 3yr warranty was up at Autozone :banghead:
has anyone had any warranty issues with Autozone? They said that they would give me 90 dollars towards another Optima only either a red or yellow top....I asked if I could downgrade to another battery and they said no :notgood:
after talking to another dsm buddy in El Paso he said that he had the same issue but they let him downgrade for free
anyone else in Texas have these warranty issues? is there another way around this?

From what I know; you can always upgrade but not downgrade. You should at least be able to get a duralast 86DLG battery which is pretty much the best one out of the duralast batteries(apart from their new duralast platinum batteries).

Having worked in the automotive retail business, call their corp number and bi***. Trust me, you will get a new one for free. I promise.

Or if bitching isn't your strong suite, call down to the AZ, ask for the general manager, and then proceed to ask him/her directly what number to call for a complaint. These companies jobs are customer service, they just happen to sell parts. Trust me on this one dude.

^^Yep, I think he is right.... you could also try another vatozone if they aren't being agreeable.

Asking the GM at autozone what number to call for a complaint is a GREAT exercise in social engineering. You'll basically put the GM in the position of providing you the info that will get him chewed out by his boss in the end, or fixing your problem to shut you up. Should work flawlessly if you make them believe that you mean business about this complaint.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back