The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998eclipsegstdsm

Probationary Member
Jan 31, 2017
New windsor, New_York
Hey guys, so In February I bought my 98 gst with 67k miles as my first car. The body seemed stupid clean until I got into it further. The car was infested with mouse nests everywhere and had sat for a good six years. Because of the neglect the car has accumulated a bit of rust.
Pros:
Car currently has 71k oil changes done very regularly
Body that is visible is pretty clean
All the maintenance has been done with all oem parts and car runs great.
Cons:
Small rust hole in rear passenger wheel well.
Small frame rail hole
Little surface on the shock tower that I covered(shouldn’t be an issue anymore gonna redo it in the spring)
What I think is rust bubbling under the clutch master but might of of been a brake fluid spill I can’t tell.
Big hole in the trunk by the antenna mast.
All other rust that I don’t know about
My question is do other dsmers think it’s really worth it to work this car (awd,full bolt on) or should I look to sell it and get a clean gsx. Please give any input you can because I have no idea what to do and need to decide so I can get a head start while it’s winter.

Another thing to consider is the market, I'm not sure how it is where you are located but it is getting harder and harder to find awd's in my area especially one's that are not hacked. Maybe find a clean shell for cheap?

Another thing to consider is the market, I'm not sure how it is where you are located but it is getting harder and harder to find awd's in my area especially one's that are not hacked. Maybe find a clean shell for cheap?
I apologize thought I read it was an awd

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back