The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Oiling mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug118

Proven Member
Aug 9, 2015
providence, Rhode_Island
For the guys making 400whp+, what oil mods have you done? I'm looking for mods done externally. I purchased a NA oil filter housing but that's as far as I've gotten as far as oiling goes. Also, where do you guys source your oil pressure from for gauges?

I'm not sure that the NA oil filter housing would be considered an upgrade here.

You can watch Jafros videos on youtube. You can "port" the oil gallery on the block. It's much less of a porting job as it is sanding away the rough surface of the galleries to a more smooth finish.

If you have decked the block or the head, you will likely want to do some work on the "tear drop" on the head. You can also see Jafros videos on this.

Finally, if you have done a balance shat delete you may want to consider porting a small hole in the oil filter housing. Again, check Jafros videos on YouTube.

I source my gauge from a T I put in where the factory sending unit is. If you are feeding your turbo off your oil filter housing you should measure the pressure the turbo sees to determine if you need an oil restrictor.

Hope this helps.

Why are you wanting to do 'oil mods'?

Most people only do this if they have removed balance shafts and are suffering from high pressure.

First you need to know what oil pressure you're running before you start porting stuff. Yes, if you have the engine apart cleaning up the galleries is a good thing.

In regard to oil pressure gauge, I tapped out the 1/8 BSPT thread to a 1/8NPT on the oil filter housing (removed it off the car obviously) then used a braided hose with AN fittings (and adaptors) to remote mount the sensor. Having an aftermarket sensor in the stock location can lead to vibration which isn't good for the sensor. I got AEM sensor as it has one output for gauge and analogue output for datalogger / ECU.

While I had the OFH off I gave it a good porting around the relief valve. I did this because I had high oil pressure from removing the BS. I also put washers under the bolt that seats against the spring so it opens earlier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back