The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Oil return line options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horizontalkev

Supporting VIP
Jun 28, 2010
great bend, Kansas
My oil return line on the GST I just bought is leaking, what hardware will I need to go the SS line route line like on my GSX? The GST is mostly stock.I want to do this without ordering parts. Thanks

Or the appropriate size welded bungs on the turbo and oil pan. Then a build it yourself stainless line.

I've still seen stainless braided line kink. Especially on applications with the near 90* bend the oil return line has, and with the size of the line. You may look into bungs that are extended and on around a 15-20* bend. Then the stainless wrapped line between the bungs won't see so much of an angle, plus it will be shorter and cheaper.

This is true, I've seen dual 20* bolt on adapters (same bolt pattern as the two return line flanges) used with slightly curved line and work out fine, since about half of the bend was taken up by flanges. But yes, the best way is using bolt on straight bungs with the angled AN line adapters.

Unless you have an AN adapter manufacturing plant in your back yard, you will most likely have to order parts... or drive to an evco house of hose. Thats the only place, at least around me that has a full stock of AN fittings and can build a line from scratch in a matter of 10 minutes as long as you know what you want up front.

What im gonna do is cut the metal return line near both ends about 2in, and slip a fuel and oil resistant line over the ends with some type of sealant and metal fasteners to keep it in place good.. Any objections? And when I remove the return line, do I need new gaskets or crush washers or something?

Uhh, just so you're aware, you can get a brand new 2g oil return from JNZ for $14. I don't know why you're going this hack route. I can understand why you're not going with -10 or -12 braided -- it's a much costlier investment. Hell, if you're in a rush, the dealer can probably get one for you for under $20. You can pick up new gaskets while you're there too. JNZ has them for $1.50 each.

For me, the gasket worked fine for the turbo side but not the pan side. I have an aftermarket pan from 1AAuto and I have a feeling the flange surface isn't 100% flat which is why it didn't work so I just used RTV.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back