The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil pressure gauge sensor questions [merged] oil sender

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinracing

Probationary Member
Nov 13, 2002
nor_cal
All oil sender threads are merged here.

going down the road today i noticed my oil pressure gauge was reading nothing or zero depending on how you look at it..on my stock gauge..

i immediatly pulled over to check my oil and found that it and the rest of my car was fine..its still running fine and everything so i came home to check vfaq.com and it said that my sensor could be the culprit..

so my question is there a website or link to a page that will show my hw to check my sensor??? and or replace what is needed to read my oil pressure... or shuold i just say #### it and get a aftermarket gauge right now because its more accurate anyways?..

yeah im new around here so go easy on me..but i didnt think this was a dumb question or anything so thats why i put it here..

I need the part number for the wire that comes off of the oil pressure sensor... ITS currently missing on my car... I went to Chrystler dealership and they gave me the wrong part... and they ALWAYS GIVE ME THE WRONG FRICKIG PART>>> so can I please get the part number from one of you guys?

PNC 04241 Part # - MD137539 - HARNESS, ENG OIL PRES

thats what i found in caps, for a 91 eclipse gsx. i dont have a VIN for a 2g and i have no idea how to get a part number without the VIN.

-scott

MSRmechanic said:
PNC 04241 Part # - MD137539 - HARNESS, ENG OIL PRES

thats what i found in caps, for a 91 eclipse gsx. i dont have a VIN for a 2g and i have no idea how to get a part number without the VIN.

-scott

I just double-checked and it is the same part number for all the years.

Scott> You don't need the VIN.

When you open up CAPS, you can double-click on each entry box to bring up a pick list. So if you double-click Vehicle Name Code you bring up a list of cars, it's the same way with Model, Classification and the Illustration.

Our 1G AWD's are D27A :thumb:

smokintalon said:
crap I HAVE MD 137539.... and it doesnt fit! Please help!

Take a picture of what you have. Here are the screenshots from CAPS showing the harness part number and that it is used for all models with the 4G63T.

Attachments

• SendingWire.jpg
    SendingWire.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 920
  • SendingHarnessModels.jpg
    SendingHarnessModels.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 925
Kinda off topic, but what is CAPS?

I have ALLDATA and Mitchell on Demand.. CAPS looks like something I would like to have.. :)

Back on topic... you can buy can find that part at a junkyard for $1.00 I've picked up quite a few of them.

Hey guys quick question about something real small:

On my 90 AWD on the drivers side wheel well you can see the end of the oil press sending unit. It has a little nipple on the end. A wire, and connector slide onto it...

Well this is very loose on my car. What do I do? Buy a new connector? Wire in one from a junkyard? I know it seems dumb, but it keeps falling off!

Thanks.

Yea, mine has fallen off about 2 times now. Just connect it back in and ur set. I to this day have not even tried figuring out a way to keep it on there. I guess its a common problem for those aging DSM's out there. I just keep connecting it back in whenever I see no oil pressure :thumb:. Anyways here ya go, maybe this can help you out a little,

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78413&highlight=oil+sender+connector

Sounds that'll work perfect...

I'll clean her up, and with a dab of silicon, she won't be going anywhere!

I also just go to the side of the car, and re-connect! ;)

Thanks guys, you always have an answer!

I went the other way and used gator clips. I put it on there with those and it has yet to come off.

For the past year the T for my oil sender and after market sender has leaked oil in very little amounts, like a drop every hour or so.

Well today it burst open and now it leaks like a fountain. Any idea how the heck to get this thing off and how to prevent this from happening again?

aw f*k me. the T broke off inside the oil filter housing.... *SIGH* WTF do I do?

anyone know why the threads to the T fitting would have just broken off like it did? Also anyone else know where I could find a better way to make a T fitting for my 2 senders?

I used an EZ out to get that thread that broke on the inside, out.

Probably because the T you used is a different thread than the oil filter housing.

Mine seems to be taking a dump, my factory oil pressure gauge is reading about the same as always, but my autometer is getting lower and lower, and once in a while the needle bounces around like crazy, seems to do it more when it's cold outside.

It is down to reading not much over 0 at idle (~750rpm) with hot oil, somewhere around 5psi on the gauge, and it takes until after 4k to reach 75psi now, and never exceeds that. I'm hoping it's the sender or gauge, I suspect the sender more so. The lowest idle readings I ever used to see were about halfway between 0 and 25 at the lowest.

I'm going to hook up a mechanical diagnostic oil pressure gauge tomorrow to make sure it's not my bearings eating themselves slowly.

Just wondered if autometer senders tend to die because of the high pressures our cars run and the 100psi max the sender is designed for.

Let me know,
Thanks,
Jon

The autometer sender units dont deal to well with the vibrations from the engine and kill them pretty quick. Sounds like that is your problem. If you dont want to keep changing sending units you can always remote mount it off of the engine.

Mine has done this to the point where it barely shows anything at idle. I really need to remote mount it, but I have been busy doing other things so far.

I found the senders on froogle for $28.XX from somewhere, is that about the best you can do?

My oil pressure gauge has started reading zero- even during freeway driving. Is there any way I can easily tell whether it's just the sensor or if i really don't have any oil pressure? The oil light hasn't come on, and there's plenty of oil in the pan.

I need to know whether I should stop driving it lest I damage something or if it's safe to ignore.

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's worth noting, but there is a leak...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back