The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Oil pressure gauge and dummy light wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Gibbons

Proven Member
Mar 22, 2015
Beecher, Illinois
I'm going over all the wiring in my 6 bolt swap 99 GST. There are two wires coming from the cluster near the alternator. One is yellow and I believe goes to the oil pressure gauge unit. The other looks to be orange/black and I believe goes to the oil pressure switch dummy light. Anyways the wires were cut and I am not sure how is best to hook them back up to their respective connections. The plugs are gone, there is just bare wire. Any advice from someone who is more electrically inclined would be appreciated. Attached are pics of where the wire should go so you can see what I'm working with

Attachments

• 20160110_222038 (2).jpg
    20160110_222038 (2).jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 363
  • 20160110_221454 (2).jpg
    20160110_221454 (2).jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Theres no terminals or anything to connect to, just a small post on the dummy light sender, and a post with a larger circle on the end on the oil pressure gauge. If anyone could look on their car and post a pic of what is on theirs thatd be helpful.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The connectors on my sending units look like the end of a male spade connector (like the picture above). I ran into the same issue that you have. The wiring seems to get very brittle (I assume from heat) and the connectors break off. I have always just repaired them with a female spade connector and called it a day. I do like luv2rallye's idea of putting a tie wrap on them though, as I have had the connectors separate on me.

How about your connector on the oil pressure unit? I dont think a spade will work. Heres a better pic showing the connector.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-11-20-07-58.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-11-20-07-58.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 153
How about your connector on the oil pressure unit? I dont think a spade will work. Heres a better pic showing the connector.
Ok, you'll have to cut a U-shaped part out of the spade connector to allow the sender's top hat post to slide in. Or you could go to a salvage yard and cut the connector off any DSM.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back