Oil On Top Of Engine????

Posted by Zincone91, Jul 20, 2010
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. Zincone91

Zincone91 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Warwick, Rhode_Island
    This might be a dumb question but idk why its doing this but every time i go driven the talon when i pull over there is always some oil on the top the of motor just sitting there and idk what to do to fix it need some help ### ### :confused:
  2. DeadsEvolution1

DeadsEvolution1 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Albuquerque, New_Mexico
    Is there a crack in your valve cover??? That's how mine got oil on the top all the time. Especially under load it would just keep coming up. Happens usually when you over torque the bolts to the valve cover.
  3. Jonman409

Jonman409 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Millersville, Maryland
    Where is the oil on the valve cover? I ended up having to replace the Oil cap on mine for similar reasons.
  4. Borgratt

Borgratt Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Auburn, Washington
    Leaky oil cap or maybe oil blowing out your dip stick as well. Those and like said before, cracked valve cover. Is it getting on your hood as well?
  5. ambush91

ambush91 Supporting VIP

DSM Profiles:
    Newport, New_Hampshire
    bought a 1g a lil while back and noticed the same problem, the stock bov was vented to atmosphere but there was a bit of oil getting into the intake system so when it would blow off it would spray oil all over the valve cover.
  6. Billiam

Billiam Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Tinley Park, Illinois
    I also had this problem and it was a mixture of the valve cover gasket and the oil cap.
  7. Zincone91

Zincone91 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Warwick, Rhode_Island
    There is oil in the corner of the cover and yes its on the hood
  8. Borgratt

Borgratt Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Auburn, Washington
    Sounds like you are blowing your dip stick out. I used some zip ties to hold my dip stick down. Some people pinch the tube so it wont come out too easy but i wouldnt do that. You can go buy a new stick from mitsu or maybe from one of the venders here. Clean up what you can and see if you get more oil in the valve cover after fixing your dip stick.
  9. 98GSXtacy

98GSXtacy Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    If it is your dipstick, I believe it is STM, sells a new dipstick tube with a piece on it that holds the dipstick down. Also, If the dipstick is to blame, check your motor for excessive blowby. It should only blow that dipstick out if there is too much backpressure in the crankcase for the seal on the dipstick to handle. Check pcv valve and system and all that stuff just to be safe and everything.