The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Oil light flickers

What could it be

• Probably bad sensor/wiring

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mechanical problem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonsaysr1

Proven Member
Jan 30, 2016
Rocky mount, North_Carolina
My oil light flickers on and off at highway use , specifically after I get over 70 mph it fades in and out and becomes solid at 75. Weird its speed based?, during this , my oil pressure is Nominal I have the correct oil level in my pan, and it can turn higher Rpms at lower speeds with no problems? Is this a bad sensor itself? It didn't start happening until I got the car moving again after sitting for a yr

Vegas is correct, and your sender wire for the light might very well be unhooked and grounding at highway speeds against the frame or anything else. They do come off very easy.
Look under the car in front of the drivers wheel and see if you see a wire hanging there doing nothing.

appreciate the ideas, as soon as it stops raining ill go out and check it. i hope it just came loose. is there anyway to use a multimeter to check the output of the sensor while im already there?

There is another thread, I believe, currently posting about the pressure it comes on at. If/when I come across it I will send you a link. :)

Sounds like bad wiring out cars are over 20 years old and dirt and oil, can get on the spade and cause a bad connection. Also trace the wire as far as you can to looks for wear and tear or cracks on it. Especially if it flickers.

I'm glad that's all it was, clean it up and put a new one on. Now you can quit worrying. I put a female spade on mine and gave it just a little "crush" so it would stay on, so far so good. :thumb:

thank you i will clean up the terminal with a brass brush and crimp on a insulated spade, also thanks for the oil pressure number:thumb: i feel pretty stupid overlooking something so simple haha:ohdamn:

That's what we all come together for. Thanks to everyone for the help!!!
Marty

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back