The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oil light comes on, but stock gauge says we're fine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88BB8B

Proven Member
Oct 14, 2016
Coldstream, BC_Canada
Hey everybody. I've been doing a lot of searching lately, but havent found what I'm looling for. A problem popped up very suddently a couple days ago. When the car is warm, and idles, the oil pressure light comes on, if I give it gas, the light shuts off. The thing is, the stock oil pressure gauge is reading the same as it always has. I have a feeling my pressure isnt actually low. When I open the filler cap, with the engine running, oil spurts out, and my stock gauge moves propeely and everything.

One question I have is, am I able to test oil pressure with a fuel pressure test gauge? I have a feeling it is the sending unit, and not the pump, since the problem popped up so quickly and the other signs of a bad oil pump, such as high temps and noise, are not present.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back