The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

OH91awd's 450+ awhp grocery getter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nice build man. what are your power goals? at 29psi i broke 500awhp on a mustang dyno with a hx40 also. i love the holset. its sucha good turbo. you will love it. i started out with a BEP .55 direct bolt up housing like what you got but to be honest, it didnt take me long to relize my top end was choking and i swapped from a cast style manni to a turbo header that was ram-horn style with a "plenum" if you will and a larger housing thats T3 in and 3" v-band out. .80 ar i believe. awsome build tho man.

nice build man. what are your power goals? at 29psi i broke 500awhp on a mustang dyno with a hx40 also. i love the holset. its sucha good turbo. you will love it. i started out with a BEP .55 direct bolt up housing like what you got but to be honest, it didnt take me long to relize my top end was choking and i swapped from a cast style manni to a turbo header that was ram-horn style with a "plenum" if you will and a larger housing thats T3 in and 3" v-band out. .80 ar i believe. awsome build tho man.

Ii plan on eventually going to a t3 housing later on but I wanted to see what kind of power I could make with the .55 ar housing. I'm hoping to make 450 but if it makes more I won't complain LOL

Your drain line looks a little kinked I'd adjust if I was you. You want it be a nice transition into the oil pan.

Alex

It does looked kinked in the picture but I can assure you it's not. I spent over an hour getting the return line to work LOL.

image-1651792054.jpg

Flywheel came in today

Last edited by a moderator:
a bunch of stuff ordered in the past couple of days, i think ive spent $1900 in two days LOL more updates as soon as my parts come in:thumb:

image-2146232254.jpg

image-3263635013.jpg

image-3963803309.jpg

image-4003546195.jpg

image-2258134992.jpg

Some more pics for today...

image-1589214377.jpg

V band welded on the downpipe.

image-2689464968.jpg

Fic fuel rail installed

I should be putting the engine back in here in the next week or so depending on the weather... Been pretty damn cold here in Ohio. Then it's build the exhaust, break in the engine and final tune.. Getting pretty pumped about getting this car done.

Well I finally got the engine dropped down in the bay... But I broke my oil feed fitting inside the ofh.. So pissed about that.. I'll get it fixed when it warms up and stops snowing LOL.

image-1023541424.jpg

Looks awesome man!

Just for the record, Im not sure if its the picture quality, or my eye, but you may have the balance shaft delete plug in backwards. Im not sure what method you used to plug it, but it appears that its the proper plug (rubber and metal) just in the wrong way.

I cant really tell with the picture blurry. But this might be a good heads up!

Looks awesome man!

Just for the record, Im not sure if its the picture quality, or my eye, but you may have the balance shaft delete plug in backwards. Im not sure what method you used to plug it, but it appears that its the proper plug (rubber and metal) just in the wrong way.

I cant really tell with the picture blurry. But this might be a good heads up!

I two used part epoxy.. Tbh I couldn't find a decent video on how to put it in.. It's the oem plug. If I can get it back out without damaging it when I take my ofh back off to repair it ill switch it out the right way

I think you should route that intake to some cold air. Mine is a 4inch pipe that goes all they way down into the left side of the front bumper. Its the best way to do it. I had a filter on the turbo then decided to put my intake on. I made an additional 30awhp with the intake pipe. And thats on a dyno! imagine when you get up to speed and there is cold air flowing into the bumper. Something to think about.

I think you should route that intake to some cold air. Mine is a 4inch pipe that goes all they way down into the left side of the front bumper. Its the best way to do it. I had a filter on the turbo then decided to put my intake on. I made an additional 30awhp with the intake pipe. And thats on a dyno! imagine when you get up to speed and there is cold air flowing into the bumper. Something to think about.

I plan on doing that down the road.. I just did this for now to get the car rolling.

Got a little more done on the talon. Ofh is off and the broken brass piece is out..

image-2966312198.jpg

Wrapped the lower ic pipe to keep the heat off from the wastegste dump under boost.

image-3748162506.jpg

The wiring mess I got to fix. Yee haw

Got my ofh situation solved. Extreme psi oil pressure sending unit relocate kit.

image-2135073076.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted in here... The talon is just about ready to be broken in. Working some bugs out of it right now.

Been a long time since I've posted or even been on the site! Had to look at your car, looking great man!!! PS might be getting back into a dsm.... a 95 converted to 97 eclipse, only 82k miles on it too! it shall be my baby :p

image-710019639.jpg

How the bay is looking. Few more bug that need worked out.. Can't wait to get this car back on the road though.. I've missed driving it

image-3565905083.jpg

Gotta order some more parts.. First drive shown its weak links.. This was a major one

Little bit of a bitter sweet update.. The motor is probably coming back out of the car.. I'm getting counts of knock and I have checked everything..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back