The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

*OFFICIAL* Phoenix Area DSMer Intro Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No problem at all. Everyones nervous beforehand but as long as you know its just as much a mental test as much as its a physical one you'll be alright. I actually miss it and wish i could do it again (going through as a recruit again). Have fun and pay attention. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.
Much appreciated man! Did you go to Parris Island or San Diego?

It's suppose to be west of the mississippi goes to san diego and east goes to perris island but for some reason chicago recruits go to san diego. Unless youre a girl then you go to perris island no matter what obviously.

That is really weird, that's why I asked haha

Im glad i went to mcrd for boot. Ive been to Camp Lejeune and those bugs and swamps are no joke. If Parris Island is anything like Lejeune, im totally good on all that. Lol

Hey All,

I joined this forum with a renewed excitement in my 2G DSM. Was planning to follow on of the plans on here and get her performing on the track. She's been the love of my life since high school. Sadly given my current situation I'm going to have to sell her. Can anyone give me tips on places to list (can't list here as I'm only probationary). She's in pretty mint condition, in addition to a ton of regular maintenance I just did on her) and I'd love to know she's going to someone that will give her the attention she deerves. And yes, I know it isn't a living thing, but giving her up is really hard and I'm a little emo.

I'm in Mesa, been tracking her with Pro Auto sports for about 2 years. Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hey All,

I joined this forum with a renewed excitement in my 2G DSM. Was planning to follow on of the plans on here and get her performing on the track. She's been the love of my life since high school. Sadly given my current situation I'm going to have to sell her. Can anyone give me tips on places to list (can't list here as I'm only probationary). She's in pretty mint condition, in addition to a ton of regular maintenance I just did on her) and I'd love to know she's going to someone that will give her the attention she deerves. And yes, I know it isn't a living thing, but giving her up is really hard and I'm a little emo.

I'm in Mesa, been tracking her with Pro Auto sports for about 2 years. Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The only way to know its going to a true dsmer that will take good care of it is to post it on the dsm forums or maybe a youtube video ad. That way people that search dsm stuff will see it. Hope that helps.

Since you're a Probationary member as you said, access to the classifieds isn't allowed. You can however post a for sale ad for your car here in the Phoenix area DSM forum and see if anyone's interested...

More than likely I will be going next year and am going to start the planning her short after the details are given for next year. If anyone is down to go next year let me know and maybe we can plan something out.

Okay, yeah I would most likely drive there although, if I could go this year I would definitely fly.

I drove my dsm to Ohio and back last year, but it was in September so no shootout. I am debating on driving to the shootout this year, I'll know by the end of the month.

Hey every one, I am currently debating purchasing a 1998 Eclipse however it is an RS with a turbo. The guy has all the build info and has been driving it for 6 years. Now it needs a head gasket and radiator. It has 156K with the engine and transmission being rebuilt at 100k. He had a compression test done at cylinder 2 is at 98 lbs and the other three are good. He wants $1500 for it and I am not willing to go over $1000 as I was quoted $1000 for the repairs. What do you all think?

EDIT:
Aftermarket- t3/t4 turbo, 38mm ext. Wastegate with tial springs & diaphram, ceramic coated downpipe with recirculated wastegate, high flow Apex'i N1 cat back exhaust, Greddy rs bov, symtech labs FCD, Vortech 12:1 FMU, stainless steal braided oil line, oil reducer fitting for turbo, rewired walbro 255 LPH fuel pump, side mount intercooler, adjustable tokico struts & springs with 1.5 inch drop, rear camber kit, full alignment, energy suspension front & rear swaybar bushings, MSD coil pack, Megan racing short shifter, symbroski solid shifter plate bushings, aluminum catch can, Alpine type s speakers, Alpine 4channel amp, Rockford fosgate 2channel amp & bass adjustment knob, Polk 12inch subs in a ported matching box, Rockford fosgate capacitor, Sony head unit. Boost, A/f ratio, & volts gauges in pillar pod. Rs limited 18inch rims, front strut bar, rear OBX strut bar & lower tie bar. 160 degree thermostat, 5% tint on back 3 windows. 35% tint driver & passenger door. Riken raptor tires all around with only 10,000 miles.

Hey every one, I am currently debating purchasing a 1998 Eclipse however it is an RS with a turbo. The guy has all the build info and has been driving it for 6 years. Now it needs a head gasket and radiator. It has 156K with the engine and transmission being rebuilt at 100k. He had a compression test done at cylinder 2 is at 98 lbs and the other three are good. He wants $1500 for it and I am not willing to go over $1000 as I was quoted $1000 for the repairs. What do you all think?

EDIT:
Aftermarket- t3/t4 turbo, 38mm ext. Wastegate with tial springs & diaphram, ceramic coated downpipe with recirculated wastegate, high flow Apex'i N1 cat back exhaust, Greddy rs bov, symtech labs FCD, Vortech 12:1 FMU, stainless steal braided oil line, oil reducer fitting for turbo, rewired walbro 255 LPH fuel pump, side mount intercooler, adjustable tokico struts & springs with 1.5 inch drop, rear camber kit, full alignment, energy suspension front & rear swaybar bushings, MSD coil pack, Megan racing short shifter, symbroski solid shifter plate bushings, aluminum catch can, Alpine type s speakers, Alpine 4channel amp, Rockford fosgate 2channel amp & bass adjustment knob, Polk 12inch subs in a ported matching box, Rockford fosgate capacitor, Sony head unit. Boost, A/f ratio, & volts gauges in pillar pod. Rs limited 18inch rims, front strut bar, rear OBX strut bar & lower tie bar. 160 degree thermostat, 5% tint on back 3 windows. 35% tint driver & passenger door. Riken raptor tires all around with only 10,000 miles.

I would stay in your price range and find a 4g63 with the same issues and start with that. Look at this one

http://prescott.craigslist.org/cto/5563147142.html

I actually got him down to 1100. LOL Im going to a car auction tomorrow to see what they have. Here are some pictures of it.

Attachments

• 01616_iCztua0J1Mu_600x450.jpg
    01616_iCztua0J1Mu_600x450.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 00D0D_cqoM860pEak_600x450.jpg
    00D0D_cqoM860pEak_600x450.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 00z0z_8aHraMBs7ap_600x450.jpg
    00z0z_8aHraMBs7ap_600x450.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 131
It is pretty clean for the age! Do you know what engine that looks like?
It looks like a Dodge Neon/Avenger/Sebring engine, because it IS a Neon/Avenger/Sebring engine.

Dunno if i ever officially introduced myself to the locals, I'm kyle henny, 27 in north scottsdale, I'm the guy behind archer fabrications, if anyone needs anything hit me up. my dsm is torn apart, if i can find a machine shop trustworthy enough I'll have my car up and running, shooting for 850whp drag/weekend warrior car and I'll probably bring it to the pavillions a few times to show it off.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back