The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

*OFFICIAL* Phoenix Area DSMer Intro Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cost of living cheaper than here any tuning shops out there? just in case but I if bring the dsm this year if I move there, if not I can always trailer her out there. I like az been there a few times,

Thanks the plan is to have all that done before so I can just enjoy it , I make too many changes to the car so well see how the job hunt goes, at least I have a good friend and a neighbors brother out there to help so the hunt continues, btw corey ill be in gilbert living if I come out.

Always nice to hear there could be more DSM's coming to the area because right now we're few and far between, I can count on one hand how many turbo DSM's I saw last year driving on the streets.

I'm pretty lucky that the house i have now is only oweing 200k on my 500k house, I'm hoping to sell for 790ish since i just finished a major reno. Then buying something 3500-4000sq on an acre should be paid off all the way :)

My parents have a winter house on dynamite/ e rio verde that they are trying to go to full time from north of seattle and that will be useful with the little one. Thats mainly why I'm looking in east vally.

Got damn your parents live WWWWAAAAYYY out there.

I got married in Fountain Hills and from where I live (off Riggs/Val Vista) it seemed like I was almost to the Grand Canyon I had been driving North for so long. LOL

It's 15 mins from north scottsdale it's not too bad haha i just got back on the 7th from there

It's pretty amazing, they have horses and do barrel racing so they have to live a little out there.

I guess it could seem a long time if your 30 mins south of phoenix, this is 45 from the airport.

Property i was looking at boardered the tonto forest which seemed awesome for dirtbiking but the place had an offer accepted when we put in ours

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Property i was looking at boardered the tonto forest which seemed awesome for dirtbiking but the place had an offer accepted when we put in ours

IDK what the rules and regulations on Off-road vehicles in Canada are, but... As a fellow Dirtbiker/offroader I've posted a link to where you can find all the info on the laws/regulations in AZ.

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/off_highway.shtml

The link blow is a outline for state trust land, area's (highlighted in blue) are the areas that require a special "State trust land permit" in order to lawfully ride in those areas. In order to obtain that permit, you will also have to have a "OHV" plate/vehicle registration which requires a title and or bill of sale from a dealer or previous owner.

I'm not sure if emission testing is still required for "off road vehicles" i know they just passed a law that exempts "motorcycles", I'm going to assume that would also exempt OHV also.

http://gis.azland.gov/webapps/parcel/

I've road my bike in the area you're looking at moving to, (I haven't been out that way in a long time), But I know they had closed off some areas due to complaints by local home owners. I have no idea if the DNR has since lifted the ban & re-opened that area or not.

Hey guys, I'm in Chandler.
Drive a 1995 GSX
16G, 3" Turbo Back Apexi, FMI, and Soon to be COP Set up
New to DSM's, so I'll probably have a lot of questions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 144
Hey guys, I'm in Chandler.
Drive a 1995 GSX
16G, 3" Turbo Back Apexi, FMI, and Soon to be COP Set up
New to DSM's, so I'll probably have a lot of questions.
Welcome to the site, nice to see another 2g DSM out here in the East Valley!

Hello everyone! Just moved to Maricopa from Chicago. Looking to find some dsm meets cruises if there are any. I've owned a few in my day. Current one is 91 TSi, AWD, M/T. Red and black on black EVO 8's.

Attachments

• 20150201_093901.jpg
    20150201_093901.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 214
Welcome to the desert! Enjoy the weather while it lasts! It's about to get real sh**ty here in about 3 months. I'm not even sure i even want to think about it this early....
Yea haha summers suck, if you don't have ac out here, you'll hate it for 4 months, thankfully I'll be in California for 3 months at MCRD San Diego. But yea that's a plus being here in the valley, basically everything's rust free and don't have to worry about the salt on the roads !

Welcome to the desert! Enjoy the weather while it lasts! It's about to get real sh**ty here in about 3 months. I'm not even sure i even want to think about it this early....

Thanks and yes i know its gonna get crazy here soon. Ill be testing my ac system here shortly LOL. Back in chicago we all ran ac deletes haha

Yea haha summers suck, if you don't have ac out here, you'll hate it for 4 months, thankfully I'll be in California for 3 months at MCRD San Diego. But yea that's a plus being here in the valley, basically everything's rust free and don't have to worry about the salt on the roads !

Good luck to you devil! I was an 0311 in the reserves. I moved out here after i got out. Remember, it may not be as hot temp wise at the depot as it is here in Arizona but your kill hat will make you want to be back on the block real soon. Haha. Enjoy yourself, have fun and be mentally strong. Don't take anything the d.i's tell you too seriously. They are just there to weed out the pussies from the men.

Oohrah!

Good luck to you devil! I was an 0311 in the reserves. I moved out here after i got out. Remember, it may not be as hot temp wise at the depot as it is here in Arizona but your kill hat will make you want to be back on the block real soon. Haha. Enjoy yourself, have fun and be mentally strong. Don't take anything the d.i's tell you too seriously. They are just there to weed out the pussies from the men.

Oohrah!
Hell yeah man! Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated. I'm pretty excited and a little nervous, it's going to really set in once I get on the yellow footsteps haha.

Hell yeah man! Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated. I'm pretty excited and a little nervous, it's going to really set in once I get on the yellow footsteps haha.

No problem at all. Everyones nervous beforehand but as long as you know its just as much a mental test as much as its a physical one you'll be alright. I actually miss it and wish i could do it again (going through as a recruit again). Have fun and pay attention. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back