The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1G OEM Mitsubishi MLS and composite head gasket pls help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packinkimber45

15+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2006
Boise, Idaho
Hello everyone. I am trying to get info on the mls gasket mitsu offers with part number md349347. I really need to find out it's compressed thickness and bore size? Also the composite head gasket, what is its compressed thickness and bore size? My engine builder needs to know this to tell me what my compression ratio will actually be and if their thicknesses are enough due to how much was taken off of the head and block with resurfacing. I have been trying to find this info and I have yet to find it. All I get is cometic info. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mitsu gives the compressed thickness of each as 1.3mm (.051") and suitable for a bore of up to 86mm (which is .040" over stock bore). The actual size of the "bores" in the gasket are a bit bigger at about 86.3mm, but you always want the actual block bores to be a bit smaller than the gasket "bores".

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back