The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

OBP race pedal box

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBCportagee

Proven Member
May 18, 2013
Long Beach, California
I have a 2g project that will be a mid-engine car (street/track). Question is do you think one of these pedal box can fit under the steering shaft?? If I place it as far back/up as possible do you think it will place the pedals to far forward/low?? They measure 9 1/2" Wide x 14 1/2" High at pedals x 10" deep with masters. I'd just need to fabricate/weld on some brackets to attach it strong.

Floor mounting doesn't seem to be an option due to the angle wheel well. Why am I considering this?

Right now if I use existing parts from the eclipse I have to run vacuum from the engine (now in the back of the car) to the brake booster in front. The booster and single bore brake master cylinder are from the eclipse and of unknown quality/age. Same with eclipse clutch master cylinder. If I went with one of these it would be dual master cylinder for the brakes and we would eliminate the booster. Also if I stick with eclipse system I have to buy a bias valve to adjust new front/back brakes and I'd probably replace the eclipse pedals themselves anyway. Obviously this is still more $$ slightly but all new parts/better performance. Thoughts on their placement?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the best picture I could find of the area unfortunately.

Attachments

• 20121206_202720.jpg
    20121206_202720.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 14
  • 20121206_202720.jpg
    20121206_202720.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 14
The other reason I want this is the space between the accelerator and brake is not ideal. It looks like being to far forward will be less of an issue of too low.

It shouldn't be a problem with fabrication, to do a floor mount is a total nightmare, but you should be able to make it work with a hanging pedal box. Worst case fab a new steering tube and support bar.

It shouldn't be a problem with fabrication, to do a floor mount is a total nightmare, but you should be able to make it work with a hanging pedal box. Worst case fab a new steering tube and support bar.

Your right...it does look like you could raise the hole on the firewall at least a couple inches. I'll have to install the new steering rack first and see how things line up. I have to do that before I run new brake lines anyway.

I have a floor mounted OBP setup and I like it a lot. the options for adjustment are cool and it leaves the firewall nice and clean. Worth it if you can get yours to work

You have a floor mounted setup in a 2G or a different car alltogether?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back