The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G O2 housing to downpipe Nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

that2G98

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2017
De Soto, Missouri
So I did a gasket refresh and I'm having a hell of a time getting both nuts to tighten as a wrench is too big to get down there, now the far right one I'll just pick up a long extension to get to but how am I suppose to tighten the one on the left cause it's a super awkward position.

I can confirm with the others, on a stock mani/downpipe the nuts are easily accessed with a deep socket 19mm and an extension. Slightly jacking the front end by the subframe also helps if your car is too low.

I too, do these from underneath with the front up in the air for room.

Late update guys but I was able to get a buddies hand, raised the car up, had him put a wrench on the top nut, I then took a ratchet to the bottom and got it super tight. Worked just fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back