1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

2G O2 housing to downpipe Nut

Posted by that2G98, Sep 15, 2018 at 7:18 AM

Please Support STM Tuned
  1. that2G98

that2G98 Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2017
    De Soto, Missouri
    So I did a gasket refresh and I'm having a hell of a time getting both nuts to tighten as a wrench is too big to get down there, now the far right one I'll just pick up a long extension to get to but how am I suppose to tighten the one on the left cause it's a super awkward position.

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

16g   manual
  2. Doubleot

Doubleot Proven Member

Joined Mar 15, 2009
    Spanish Fork, Utah
    I usually get the nuts snug and slowly tighten one then another. I can get a full socket on mine. I'm using the stock 02 housing with an aftermarket down pipe.

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST

Street Build

279.1 whp   325.3 lb/ft
  3. JPenny

JPenny Proven Member

Joined Feb 24, 2016
    Newport, Tennessee
    If possible jack up front end and use a long extension from underneath, I was able to get a socket onto both. But like mentioned I also had stock o2 housing aftermarket DP.

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

T25   manual
  4. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    I can confirm with the others, on a stock mani/downpipe the nuts are easily accessed with a deep socket 19mm and an extension. Slightly jacking the front end by the subframe also helps if your car is too low.

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14.769 @ 92.22 MPH
    Teezy likes this.
  5. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I too, do these from underneath with the front up in the air for room.