The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Not running correctly, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik, you are on Speed Density, are you on pump or E? I can't remember on your car.
Let's double check everything and get this car back on track. Sounds like the car has degraded over a period of time, is that correct? It didn't just "show up" one day?
Trying to line this thread out and get the input that is helpful from all of us. I see ALOT of very useful information, gather it all up and make this post a good one.

You better behave!

You better behave! :ohdamn: :ninja:

He's on E marty, something I forgot since i get so caught up in trying to help the fellow holset guys out. I hate that timing table with every ounce of me but I also have next to zero knowledge about tuning e85. Issue points to mechanical. I had a similiar issue (rich idle, leaned out under throttle) and it turned out somebody had fked with the vacuum line on my AFPR when I took it to the shop.

Erik, how lean under boost are we talking about? Do we have a log for that? Or did I just assume you meant under boost? RE-reading your initial post you said that it "went lean when the gas is pressed." Were you just saying that it went lean while free revving?

If you do have a pin hole leak in the diaphragm of the AFPR gradually getting larger then that would explain the degradation over time and the original symptoms. We do need to address the tune of the car regardless, however mechanical issues need to be resolved first.

Can you turn the fuel pump on with link while the car is off, and then apply air pressure to the AFPR vac inlet to see if the pressure rises 1:1?

I would take the vacuum hose off at the regulator & look for signs of fuel. With it off, for a definitive check, acivate the pump; if it has a leak you should see fuel, which you don't want. If thoschecks out okay, check the hose to the IM for leaks.

@GST with PSI
Perhaps you are under the impression that I'm new the the DSM world since the account I'm using has a small amount of posts. Perhaps you missed the part blah blah blah blah

Maybe you missed the part where I said the tune was fine before this thread was ever created, and therefore also before you graced us all with your infinite wisdom.

I'll stand by for troubleshooting feedback from the OP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back