The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Not missing my supra at all!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Myers

Proven Member
Sep 17, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
Greetings from Nebraska DSM world! Picked up my first dsm a couple months ago. Always been an mk3 supra guy, but really enjoying this car. I think the end of supras is near for me! It's a pretty clean stock 6 bolt 91 tsi awd with about 35k on the JDM motor, just turned 150k on chassis. Has some tasteful mods. Full stock grey leather interior in great shape except tear on driver seat.

All the work and tuning was done by Chad in Council Bluffs Iowa at 3D Motorsports who is know around these parts for his great work on dsm's, and has been a class act in my phone calls to him seeking info, and forming a build plan. In fact, it used to be his car before he sold it to the guy I picked it up from.

The guy I bought it from is a good dude. Took very good care of it and did everything right. Just was past the fast car stage in life. I had been looking for "the one" for about 8 months and nothing fit the bill. This car however was exactly what I was looking for in about every way so it came home. I'm excited to join the community. Looks like there isn't much action in the Nebraska regional forum, but hoping thats not a reflection of the local following. I've seen you out there!

List of current mods:
Performance- stock JDM block/trans 35k miles, cometic HG, ACT 2600, skunk2 coilovers, 2G caliper upgrade, slotted rotors, 245/45/17 performance/street tires, BC 272 cams, precision 680cc injectors, 3" buschur exhaust (stock 02 housing tho), td05h SBR 20G turbo (stock exh mani), big FMIC with hard-pipes, tial Q, mishimoto aluminum radiator, dual puller fans, AEM wideband, EGT, and Boost, turbo timer, tuned on Pro-EFI

Non performance mods:
17" rota slipstream wheels, HID headlight conversion, can switch from blue to green LED cluster lighting, window tint, door panels from newer 1G I believe (has no molding).

Plans:
Saving right now to get my SMIM, AFPR, and 1050cc's dropped in, get rid of the stock 02 housing and exh. Mani, then a re-tune. And need to get a few other little things taken care of (catch can set up, couple cosmetic things). I have yet to push the car any as it's tuned pretty rich since it has no AFPR. Not that I would probably hurt anything but I've been there done that...patience is a virtue. Just running around 15psi on the 20g, which I don't think is even to the efficiency range yet. Should be ready to rock by spring...look out Omaha!

Thanks for looking...
-John-
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm in Nebraska near the tri-cities. I get to Omaha every once in a while for the u-pull-it's. White DSM's FTW.

Haha, thank you. I paid far less than what I was willing to pay for it let's just say that!... Not many 1G's left out there that have been this well cared for, especially in my area, so I feel pretty fortunate I stumbled upon it. It's nice to start with a very clean shell and chassis for once so I can focus on other things!

Other than some chipping from the giant ass Nebraska bugs (they used to call the cornhuskers the bugeaters back in the day!) on the very front of the hood and front bumper it's almost perfect. I plan on wrapping the hood in a carbon fiber wrap I have laying around for now, then after I get all my work done over winter I will pony up for the real carbon hood. I think it will compliment the look of the car well.

Haha, thank you. I paid far less than what I was willing to pay for it let's just say that!... Not many 1G's left out there that have been this well cared for, especially in my area, so I feel pretty fortunate I stumbled upon it. It's nice to start with a very clean shell and chassis for once so I can focus on other things!

Other than some chipping from the giant ass Nebraska bugs (they used to call the cornhuskers the bugeaters back in the day!) on the very front of the hood and front bumper it's almost perfect. I plan on wrapping the hood in a carbon fiber wrap I have laying around for now, then after I get all my work done over winter I will pony up for the real carbon hood. I think it will compliment the look of the car well.

good deal sir. I tried to wait and find the right deal but, instead I got tricked into... I don't want to say turd because I love these cars. let's just say I got hosed. luckily I can fix just about anything and it's been an enjoyment so far.

Unfortunately those people are out there! It's always a gamble buying something used (even new for that matter). All we can do is make the best of it, and learn from it. Happened to me with my first supra. Two days after buying it the headgasket completely let go, coolant got into the cylinders, rod bearing dissapeared and it knocked. It was already gone when I bought it, I was just too novice to recognize the signs, and trusted people far too much.

Although things happen for a reason, and that car was the best thing to ever happen to me. Because I was so mad at myself for being nieve I spent two years worth of late nights usually by myself in my garage building that motor back up (minus machine work) to a reliable 300rwhp 7mgte with very little prior automotive experience. Thankfully there are forums and Chilton's manuals (and in the supra world the cygnusx1.net site, kinda like the DSM vfaq) haha. What it did was force me to know that motor inside and out and I never had an issue I was scared to tackle on those cars again.

Very true! I ended up with a hole in a piston first time i drive mine. Last owner says its a 80k mile engine ran fine rwwired fuel pump and it stopped running. Had a bad ecu. And I wired things back drove it and KABOOM!! #1 piston melted down and ruined the head. Glad you got a good one and keep everything in check! I look forward to seeing this thing progress. Something to keep the hope alive while I rebuild mine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back