The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Non-Performance Mods FAQ suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
Hey guys, can you give me a list of topics that come up regularly here in this particular forum that should be in our FAQ? It would help if you typed out the title, and then found a thread that has the related discussion going on. I'll be able to get it added.

Thanks!

Im not sure off the top of my head if there were any threads to actually do a good job at answering, but I've seen a lot of threads about Subwoofer enclosures. Perhaps the trunks measurements, or a thread on how to create your own molded/fiberglassed boxes could help.

Here are my suggestions:

The down-low on lights (stock vs halogen vs projector vs HID), could include the kinds of tail lights with picture examples (CF, clear.. etc)

Conversion info. 95-96 to 97-99 headlights, bumpers, side skirts, spoiler. Also talon to 97-99.

other stuff I can think of, but not that important as a FAQ, although would be cool:

body kit pictures and maybe what people think of them if they own (review)
same with rims
custom unique stuff.. targas, whatever :p
stereo, alarm..

thats all i have now, may edit later if i think of more

Originally posted by Colossus
Im not sure off the top of my head if there were any threads to actually do a good job at answering, but I've seen a lot of threads about Subwoofer enclosures. Perhaps the trunks measurements, or a thread on how to create your own molded/fiberglassed boxes could help.

there is a great thread going on at DSMTalk regarding building fiberglass enclosures. somewhere around the 3rd page i posted a link to a "how-to" that i did with pics and instructions on how i did my fiberglass enclosure. it may help out some people when doing their own projects.

Here is the Link

~Kurt

Guide on putting the 97-99 turbo spoiler on all 2gs with the three piece low spoiler....

how about something covering reducing road noise inside the car? i haven't seen anything covering that (so i guess its not a FAQ) although i can't imagine that i am the only one that gets a LOT of road noise.

- 1ga Headlight Modifications (sleepy eye mod, keeping them in the down position, HID, custom headlights) those always come up..

- Eliminating your backseats and what you put there ..

Those are two that im tired of reading about for sure .. especially since theres never any new news on either topic ..

Luke :dsm: :talon: :laser:

this is kinda stupid, but how to make your car look "nice" without looking "rice," in other words some suggestions about good taste

wow, 4 month old thread!

for starters...
NO big gaudy wings please

Maybe a brief how to paint guide? Like what you will need and stuff like that. If you can give me some time I can have one done by july when I'm done painting my car. It will be a general overview type of thing with steps, type of sandpaper touse when, etc. Let me know now if your interested tho because I am starting very shortly and I will not be able to take pics half way through if you know what I mean.

How about some type of faq that lists all available carbon fiber hoods and hatches for both generations of dsm's. Something that has links where to buy them from, and links to people's experience's with them. Maybe even a faq on what people's experience's have been with different hoods and their fitment issues. Also things such as what hoods need hood pins and what hoods have fading issues. Just a thought. BTW I wanna say thanks to everyone of the moderators and everyone else that help build this site, I learn something about our cars everyday on this site, in fact this site is so good I would pay to be a member :thumb: :cool: :rocks: Just wanna give credit where credit is due.

i have a 95 eclispe & i'm trying to put them in im down to the wiring does anyone know what wire color it is that im sopost to wire the gauges to to the parking lights ??? :dsm:

1. Conversion kits(IE:Talon-Eclipse, '95-96' to '97-'99 front/rear)

2. Tire and wheel guide with links to car veiwers where you can select existing wheels on your car.

3. Window tint guide with reference to state laws

4. Carbon fiber shopping guide

5. Interior maintainance and repair

6. Interior modification, Someone should demonstrate how to make any color/fabric shift boot from your stock one.(done it with mine and could provide a writeup by request)

That's all I got right now

We should get a thread of paint codes up :)

i know both my dsm tags are faded beyond reading :) :notgood:

95dodgeavenger said:
We should get a thread of paint codes up :)

i know both my dsm tags are faded beyond reading :) :notgood:

The dealer can give you the paint code if you tell them your vin number.

There should probably be one on buffing and color sanding. Plus one about getting stains and discolorations out of your seats, carpet, headliner, etc, and emoving pinstripes & badges.

I think there needs to be a different section just on wheels. People are always asking does this wheel fit? how does this wheel look? and theres the whole bunch of people who post a thread that shows pictures of their wheels that they just painted.

I think there needs to be a different section just on wheels. People are always asking does this wheel fit? how does this wheel look? and theres the whole bunch of people who post a thread that shows pictures of their wheels that they just painted.

1 - For the people who are asking 'hows do these wheels look?" they need to realize its your car, if you like the way your wheels look on your car who cares what anyone else says? If you stick up for yourself your bound to get admired for it, most people dont like suck ups or copy cats, do your own thing.

2 -And for the people who like to post pictures of their painted wheels - we should have a forum just for painted wheels and only let people post picutres in there, no opinions or anything because they just take up space and create arguments.

If you want an opinion.. go for it, i dont see the point in having a car if the choices in building the car are based off anothers inspirations and ideals, then its not really yours is it?

The "Do these wheels fit?" questions are usually talking about offsets, diameters and widths, not lug patterns.

I hope you realize the irony of you posting your opinion to tell others they shouldn't worry about other peoples opinions. If people post pictures asking for feedback then it is because they want it and, sorry, but your opinion that that is wrong is well... just your opinion and no more correct than their actions.

The "Do these wheels fit?" questions are usually talking about offsets, diameters and widths, not lug patterns.

I hope you realize the irony of you posting your opinion to tell others they shouldn't worry about other peoples opinions. If people post pictures asking for feedback then it is because they want it and, sorry, but your opinion that that is wrong is well... just your opinion and no more correct than their actions.

Sorry, i didnt even think about offsets, diameters and widths. That was my own stupidity. Im not trying to be an ass here, but still theres how many articles stating what lug patterns, offsets, diameters and widths fit? Anyone with a left arm and one eyeball can type in and search "offsets that fit", "diameters that fit" or "widths that fit" let alone "lug patterns" or some other relevant search phrase and get a numerous amount of articles stating more than theyll ever need to know about them, but some of us havent found the simplicity of searching yet. Im sure youve seen someone repost for the billionth time a stupid question about wheels. People over post wheel & paint color questions no doubt, they almost never search first. I did give my opinion though which is pretty stupid on my end so i edited my post. If you want an opinion.. then go for it, i dont see the point on having a car if the choices in building the car are based off anothers ideas, then its not really yours is it? But whatever floats your boat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back