The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

No steering NONE!! »FIXED«

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiteclaw95

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2012
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
So I got done with work a few hours ago and as I was about to turn right out of the parking lot there was no steering. I know my power steering belt broke last week so I haven't been driving my 99 eclipse vs but today was so warm I wanted to drive the drop top. The steering wheel has zero tension and is free spinning. I searched for abit and haven't found anything that is related to my issue. I "assume" there is a pin in the steering column that either broke or fell out as inside the engine bay the steering shaft doesn't move with the wheel and where the steering wheel moves like a cruising USA steering wheel. If anyone can shed some light on this that would be fantastic. Let's see if we can sole another dsm problem

Fixed. Some how(previous owner) the universal under the dash came off the column shaft, with the bolt still attached. Looks like I'll have to go through the car better than I have

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back