1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

No start cold starts fine warm. Pics included

Posted by jokerzlife, Dec 4, 2018

Please Support Kiggly Racing
  1. jokerzlife

jokerzlife Proven Member

Joined May 5, 2009
    cut bank, Montana
    Hi just got the car finally got below freezing and the car won’t start. It was 24 degrees Fahrenheit out when I took the photos. ignition on not running. I don’t know a lot about these cars but I am a somewhat educated mechanic. Just not completely sure what I’m lookin for.

Attached Files:

My DSM:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. ErikTande

ErikTande Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Replace your coolant temp sensor.

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
  3. jokerzlife

jokerzlife Proven Member

Joined May 5, 2009
    cut bank, Montana
    K ordered the coolant temp sensor was like 27$. They asked if it was a Mitsubishi motor or Chrysler I said Chrysler but I’m Not sure. how do you tell if there is a difference or if it even matters. If I’m mistaken the 420a was the Chrysler motor but they also asked if it was turbo’d so I don’t know if they got the right one sent.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    My DSM:
  4. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    Right off the bat, if you have an AWD, that means it's a turbo. And if it's a turbo, that means it's got the Japanese 4G63. The coolant temp sensors for those are fairly cheap, but depends on the brand.

The 420A is the Chrysler engine, correct, but that only comes naturally aspirated (without turbo).

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14.769 @ 92.22 MPH
  5. jokerzlife

jokerzlife Proven Member

Joined May 5, 2009
    cut bank, Montana
    Ok I swapped out the sensor and it still don’t start. :/ guess I’ll start with fuel pressure and work froM there.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    My DSM:
  6. jokerzlife

jokerzlife Proven Member

Joined May 5, 2009
    cut bank, Montana
    Found out previous owner gapped the spark plugs to .048. Fixed that starts up good now. Thanks for the help everyone.

My DSM:
    Kryndon likes this.