The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

GVR-4 No spark cylinder #3 only

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
So it looks like folks who get it easy get no spark on cylinders number 2&3 which makes it easy to diagnose.

I am never the lucky guy. In my case, it is just #3. I verified it with my timing light...no flash on #3.

I tried another coil and wire as well. Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks

Last edited:
If you want a quick and dirty diagnosis swap the coils and see if the problem follows that one tower. I would swap cylinders too just cause you can. If the problem is always on that one tower you found the issue.

Thank you, kinda fixed itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I said kinda because the moment I removed the wire from the plug itself about 2 inches back from the plug it began to fire normally. Strange that you couldn't hear the spark though, but the timing light showed a flash once removed.

Then I cleaned up the plug threads with carb cleaner and the thread holes with carb cleaner and it has kept firing. Kind of weird.

Even with the parts replacement I wouldn't rule the problem fixed just yet. You didn't mention how the plug itself looked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back