The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G No power to the ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If your car backfires, then this is your problem... Just try it and let me know. Can't get any worse than it already is.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

to re-enegize the state of my car:

I have a 98 gsx, with a 6 bolt swap blaock and head, i am using 98 gsx coil pack with a 95 wiring harness and 95 ecu.
I see what you told me the firing order should be, i have not tried it yet, because of time, but this thread here does not concure with your firing assesment, and it it has me slightly confused.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/275959-6-bolt-swap-problems-have-fuel-spark-compression-but-wont-start.html

also can someone give me a link or someones name and number to call to repair my link ecu?
I emailed ecmlink but they haven't returned my email, and they specifically said they don't take phone calls, you have to be kidding...... Let me talk to a person any day of the week, especially If I'm gonna be paying for services.

4123 made it start up, on the coil side.

and my new started burnt up,, bastard.. this is rediculous, it was running really roughish but i think it's because of the bigger injectors flooding it, going to get a new starter and i need some 450,520cc injectors if ya'll have any you can send asap.

I'm fairly certain that it's your firing order on the coils. wether you use my suggestion or not, it's up to you. that's just how mine is setup. and I have the same setup as you.

95 eprom (oe CAS setup, not inverted)
95 harness
2g coil pack
1g CAS rewire.

i just told you the OE firing order made my car fire right up...... so wth :hmm:

Oops. My bad. Wasn't looking at the latest post. Sounds like you just need to get the link ecu fixed. I sent my ecu to ecmtuning. They did an excellent job! And were very fast to get it taken care of. However, I would suggest that you don't do ANY shipping through UPS tho. They are the slowest shipping company I've ever seen! Try usps flat rate, they are much faster. UPS ground (5-7 days) MEANS 7 days... it was horrible having to wait that long, just to get a small package. Usps got my package to them in 2 days!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

thanks man, i shipp alot and use usps priority mail all the time, and i had already shipped it this mornign to them, i have 450cc injectors on the way untill i get my link back, thanks for all the help.

btw: the wire setup for the rigged 2 mfi relay did not work for some reason.

Conclussion from my findings.
oem wire harness was chewed by mice and dogs.
replaced it with 95 harness.
mpi relay had crapped out,
replaced it and the car worked,
then the link ecu crapped out, sent it to be repaired.
then the new starter crapped out,
warrentied it
I also removed the turbo timer harness but it didn't change anything.

sorry if this isn't the answer you needed if you got this far, but thats what my issue all boiled down too.. just 1 mishap right after another.

yep resolved, everything is correct and works everytime on comand :thumb:
Thanks for all your help.

Thanks for updating us! You should resolve the thread now, and provide feedback if you haven't already done so. :thumb:

I'll have to look more into the 2-relay setup. :aha: From what I've seen, the 95 relay is a lot more expensive than the 96-99 relays. On top of that, if half of the relay goes out, you still have to buy a whole new one. :notgood: But I'll save that for a tech article or something...

Anyway, glad to hear that it's running, :rocks: I hope they are able to repair the ECU for a decent price.

the link ecu was fixed and is being shipped back they sent me this email.

We replaced the Q5 MFI output transistor and cleaned up caps leakage.

so even though it didn't cost over $60 to fix, I was still sold a defective part by a member on here for $400..
I don't have much luck.

the link ecu was fixed and is being shipped back they sent me this email.

We replaced the Q5 MFI output transistor and cleaned up caps leakage.

so even though it didn't cost over $60 to fix, I was still sold a defective part by a member on here for $400..
I don't have much luck.

You know, you owe me an appology. I told you take someones word with a grain of salt, and you told me to dismiss the idea, he's done no wrong.

Just wanted to toss in my "I told ya so".

Just think how much more you apprieciate the car after all the work you put forth. ROFL

After the link ecu gets in, we'll see how she really shines.

Sent from my Droid

true, I try to give everyone the benifit of the doubt. life isn't much fun thinking negitive about everything.
O well, I contacted the guy and let him know so he could choose to do the right thing, but haven't any response, :hmm:

i had link running for a week and then oil ent everywhere on my timing belt side so i'm having to investigate and replace my timing belt in my front yard, not much fun, but before that, everything was working flawlessly with no hickups on wiring anywhere.

I've had a bad front cover gasket, and it leaked out the tentioner bolt.

I've had oil leak from the balance shaft plug, the biggest leaker.

And I've had cam seals make quite a mess.

Not sure if that's even remotley helpful, but that's my experiance with wet oiled tbelts.

Sent from my Droid

The culprit inherintly was my oil pump, you can see this by checking out my BSE thread.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back