The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash No more ceddy site tuning black box help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan12387

Probationary Member
Dec 15, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
Ok I'm lost now was gonna use ceddy to tune my 99gst black box but it's now gone I need some help I'm gonna be using speed density soon also need help with where I can now find roms.

Unless people who have purchased the Ceddy SD roms come forth and share their file...you're out of luck it seems.
The 2001+ mitsubishi Lancer M/T ecu can be used in place of the Evo 8 ecu, you just won't have onboard boost control.

i have one of the roms but i need the Speed Density one also so if anyone has it please PM me! I will be happy to share the one i got too! I was going to buy the Speed Density one on Friday too!:ohdamn:

this is a sad day for black box DSM owners!
:(

If it is gone forever, I'll supply the files. I have all the xmls and roms for the MAF and SD both regular and big maps. Let me see if I can get a hold of him and get a response one way or the other.

If I don't hear back from him, I'll share the files.

If it is gone forever, I'll supply the files. I have all the xmls and roms for the MAF and SD both regular and big maps. Let me see if I can get a hold of him and get a response one way or the other.

If I don't hear back from him, I'll share the files.

I was gonna say I have the full file set from him to (well worth the price). If you do get ahold of him, see if he wants to finish up some of the ecu mods he was working on :sneaky: (clearly a longshot, but it would be nice to be able to use the FPS solenoid as a cyclone actuator and I haven't tried to activate it yet so idk if he finished the code for it, not to mention boost control)

I was gonna say I have the full file set from him to (well worth the price). If you do get ahold of him, see if he wants to finish up some of the ecu mods he was working on :sneaky: (clearly a longshot, but it would be nice to be able to use the FPS solenoid as a cyclone actuator and I haven't tried to activate it yet so idk if he finished the code for it, not to mention boost control)

When he initially "disappeared" more than a year ago (Oct '12) I ended up getting a hold of him. He said he had no plans to ever finish v2.0. He had sold his DSM before then. Unfortunately, someone else would need to pick up where he left off... all from scratch. I asked if he'd be willing to share his info and what he had, but he never gave me the info, and never gave a reason why as far as I can recall.

I also have the modified files for just the base MAF rom with emissions and the xml to go along with that, but I'm fairly certain that is posted elsewhere for free already. That was never ported to the bigmaps or either SD rom as far as I'm aware.

And... People wonder why, He wouldn't/didn't care to continue development... :|

Here should be the Maf V1.9CB Free Version he had up below.

BIN XDF

Zedicus last I Checked/Recall those are the right files. ^ you seen.

The Site just said it's up for renewal... Doesn't mean it's gone quite yet. Some things manage to get Archived as well...

Oh an the FPS activation works ... Just only at 4k ;)

I've created raw hex coding and assembly for 92-96 wrxs, and I have much more time into my work than ceddy had porting in evo disassembly done by someone else.

My stuff is freeware. It's to be expected that people do the greater good for the community. In fact, I know of certain companies being threatened with cease and desist orders for selling tunes. These come from the proprietary owners, the OEM's. So for ceddy to expect money from modifying proprietary code is underhanded.

That is really a bit off topic and all a matter of opinion really. As far OEM's and Selling or Editing much of what is done regardless was/is done without permission no different in your case it's obviously not open source LOL.

If he doesn't care so be it. But your choice in something else really has no bearing on his previous decisions. It isn't much to Respect someone's choices also he did share what is needed to modify the stock code...

You're free to do what you want But, I have Zero interest in debating this... :)

if someone creates a torrent ill seed it on my box. really sucks that this dude left like that.

BIN XDF

Zedicus last I Checked/Recall those are the right files. ^ you seen.

The Site just said it's up for renewal... Doesn't mean it's gone quite yet. Some things manage to get Archived as well...

Oh an the FPS activation works ... Just only at 4k ;)

Nice, I wonder how you activate that, I might have to try messing with it sometime soon when my cyclone gets thrown on.

i have also attempted contact, lets post updates or lack there of in this post so that we can come up with a solution. like i said i have no problem building and hosting a torrent if that is the chosen path.

also there are a few places where some good info is givin about the mod. and the original host files that ceddy ported from seem to be available. (the site is blocked from my work so i havent had a chance to actually read it) reporting the work to a available DSM rom would not be the end of the world, especially since the ceddy XML is available. the location data in it would make the porting process almost easy.

Anyone want to upload the STOCK rom/xml files for the 98 and 99 GST and GSXs or can any year/model work? Either way I don't see the harm in upload the stock roms. I've already got the ceddymods big maps/sd/etc.

lets try this. if you have files that you are willing to share. and the are RELATED in some way to BLACK BOX ecu. send me a message and i will get you instructions to upload them to me. then i can post torrents for them. i can divide the files into stock/modded or however. hopefully this will facilitate the people in here who have one and want the other, etc.

Let's keep any available files hosted on here please. A lot of people don't use torrents, so they wouldn't be able to download one from you. Plus, if you ever delete the file and/or your server goes offline, we run into the same issue once again.

We can upload them to the site so that they're properly hosted, backed up, and available easily to everyone. If the site doesn't like some of the file extensions, either let me know and we can look to add it to the accepted list or just change the file extension to one on the list and note in the post that people have to change it upon downloading to use it.

If we want to have a tech article or FAQ link with all the files so you don't have to weed through a thread to find them, let me know and I can take care of it.

I'm sorry to interrupt and maybe off topic just a bit but can't find anywhere else to ask a real possible dumb question.. I read that if you take the lower honey comb out of airflow unit in air box on a 1G tsi and take out silencer it will affect idle quality. Ok that being said wouldn't it stress out the isc motor and therefore make the ecm leak or die early or would the ecm be fine. Sorry again for interrupting but I have to know.

I'm sorry to interrupt and maybe off topic just a bit but can't find anywhere else to ask a real possible dumb question.. I read that if you take the lower honey comb out of airflow unit in air box on a 1G tsi and take out silencer it will affect idle quality. Ok that being said wouldn't it stress out the isc motor and therefore make the ecm leak or die early or would the ecm be fine. Sorry again for interrupting but I have to know.

Lol, make a thread asking that not on here. Go to the newbie section.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=4

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back