The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

no gas pedal pressure!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theycallmedalgo

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2006
Sparta/Montclair, New_Jersey
I figured no one would respond on the other thread so I had to make another one because this is urgent.

There is no gas pedal pressure now, I cut the cruise control cable and then reinstalled everything. It is plugged in as it was, but now when I press the gas it just goes right to the floor and doesn't raise the rpms at all. I tried it with the car on and off.

Everything worked perfectly until I hacked the cruise control cable, does this cable need to be intact to have the gas pedal work? I pulled on the throttle cable and it moves smoothly like it should, the gas pedal just has no effect on it.

I need to drive my car and theres no gas pedal pressure, someone please help:(

I'm having a hard time visualizing what you are talking about. Take some pictures so we can better help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont even worry about it man I fixed everything!! I feel pretty good haha

What I did was just rerouted the throttle cable in a circle back into the firewall and hooked that up to the gas pedal. So It eliminated the second cable and the cc box.

The throttle response is better than before, there is no play now..And there's more space in the engine bay:sneaky:

I took some pics but imageshack is being g*y so ill post them later.. Unless some informs me of how to post the pictures directly:p

thanks again to everyone and sorry for being annoying
:laser:

Glad to hear you got things worked out. You should be able to upload images directly to this forum. When you are submitting a response, click "Go Advanced", scroll down and you will see the area where you can attach images to your post.

-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back