The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

No dome lights, light warning buzzer, or door ajar buzzer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schwebe101

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
Defiance, Ohio
I am sorry guys, you probably have seen so many of these questions, but I have honestly searched for hours. I cannot find anything like my problem! First off, my dome lights work when I push the buttons inside. So anyway, I have my doors wide open and it wont even give me a door ajar sign on the cluster. I have taken the switches off cleaned them, checked to make sure they work etc. Still nothing! What I really don't get is that the hatch, when open, gives me the door ajar light. But yet my dome lights do not turn on!?

Another mystery I have is that my light around the ignition won't light up, my car will not make a buzzing noise when I leave my lights on and take the keys out. And of course I don't get the buzzing from my doors being open with the keys in.

Oh and another question, when i switch my key to ACC it beeps a few times, my brother claims this isn't normal? Is it?

Some one pleasseee help me with this! I am at the end of my rope and it is driving me insane :mad:

Hey there, thanks for the reply, I was starting to think everyone gave up on me, and what exactly do you mean blue? Like I remember when I took the rubber off of it the back had a blue connector on it?

Yes unscrew the switch and on the part where it connects to the wire, is it blue? This is on the drivers side. If it does you have the wrong switch, drivers switch should be all black. Passenger side will have that blue.

Yes unscrew the switch and on the part where it connects to the wire, is it blue? This is on the drivers side. If it does you have the wrong switch, drivers switch should be all black. Passenger side will have that blue.

Alright when I get home I will make sure I check that and get back to you...I am gonna feel really stupid if thats it

I'd say just to the junkyard and get switches if you can't find any eclipses or the switches are gone. You can use avenger or seabring switches. If you jump it the wrong way you could fry stuff so I say cheaper to get switches.

I'd say just to the junkyard and get switches if you can't find any eclipses or the switches are gone. You can use avenger or seabring switches. If you jump it the wrong way you could fry stuff so I say cheaper to get switches.

Called all of the junkyards last night, none of those cars :( I am probably just gonna buy some from a part out on here

What do you mean make a jump? Like how do I go about making one of those

Actualy, ground it...
The sensor has 2 wires, they both gets grounded by the screw that holds the sensor on the frame, if the area is rusted or durty, the screw will not gets grounded.

Disconnect the door sensor and add ground to any of the 2 lies on the connector to see is your light comes ON, If they do, then add ground to the sensor where it screws in, plug it and see if it turns ON.
Check that and pos back the results, you might be experuencing just a bad groud.

I am having the same problem with mine, if i lock the doors with the remote the lights will flash and go off same if i unlock the doors. Starting to think it is the little switch on the doors bad idrk.

same issue with my 95 eclipse non turbo rs I've put about 6000$ in this rebuild for 2 years 2 motors went dead 3rd ran fine and i tried the hole stereo wiring and my stereo comes on just fine but the demo is always on and I've tried missed with fuses and wires to see what happens with the dome lights nothing ill have to try this door switch stuff my passenger side light comes on no charm from the car when the door is open if someone also could help me out i was driving my car the other day and my tranny or the new clutch died on me it wouldnt shift into any gears what so ever and i had pressure to the clutch pedal and oil in the canister ect

Best to start with the easy stuff check fuses , GROUNDs ( <----- the reason my dome light and door adjar beeper/light don't work acually is grounds )
Found that out in the spring time when my car got wet and I guess completed the circuit

also check for broken wires , rust , bad relay

If you don't need a dome light than pull the relay
Especially if it's always on like you said.
It's good practice to fix the more important stuff first

on a 1g the relay is beside the drivers side passengers seat where the arm rest is kind of

On a 2g it's either in a completely different spot or it's the same but you can figure that out I think hah

Sure someone will chime in for the transmission issues although you may want to start a new thread or search for a faster awnser
Good move not starting a new thread on the dome light issues

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/po...wont-turn-on-after-radio-install-help.383623/

This may help

Last edited:
All my lights work fine but the ring around the ignition barrel and if it suppoused to sound a warning buzzer, my don't work also. Is there any connector inside the dash that could some past owner disconnected for some reason?

ALL RIGHT!!!
I found out why my buzzer wasn't working.
One of the previous owners cut the orange wire of the drivers door switch.
I put it back together and buzzer and key ring light came on again.
I believe the red wire is for the dome and floor lights.
Ground is made by the screw.
Hope this help you out guys.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I feel your frustration. Things like that get under my skin as well. I haven't had to deal with any "lights" and/or "buzzer" malfunctions as of the current, however, that does not mean that I have not had some other weird happenings with my Talon. The first oddity I noticed in my car was that my horn absolutely will not blow unless my car is running. That didn't really bother me, I personally think its quite funny and totally weird. What did get my blood boiling was when, one day, out of the blue (like 6 months of ownership before this starts) I pull up at my house, get out the car and start to head inside when out of nowhere, my door locks just start going crazy. Like the car would just randomly go thru some "lock/unlock, lock/unlock, etc..........." ritual. Sometimes it would go on for more than 2 minutes. I eventually just had to pull the fuse that was associated to the locking mechanism.

i didnt see if this was resolved or not because im almost certain i have the answer , so if it was fixed disregard and if this doesnt help, im sorry.
just bought an eclipse 2g and none of the lights worked on the inside when the lights were on same with the door ajar symbol and beeper for when the door is open, but my hatch opened would light up and when the lights were on key off and door open it would beep continuosly. checked the obvious fuses. then, weeks later after giving up on the lights, i replaced the radio fuses in the under the hood fuse compartment, and when i hopped back in, radio worked, lights worked and dimmed perfect, cig lighter lights up, ignition ring, the whole nine. theyre 2 i believe 15 amp fuses labeled radio towards the top of the fuse box on a 420a. idk about the 4g63.
other than that maybe check your individual lights, beeper sensors etc.
if this didnt work the last think i could suggest is just make sure all fuses work, because i took out my hazard fuse and it made my radio stop working, but only the radio. so maybe dsms just have some funky fuse work.
again if this didnt help im sorry i skipped to answering. i just couldnt find anything onthe forum at the time this happened and i figured maybe the ssmr problem finally happened with someone else haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back