The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

1G NLTS settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awdmonster1904

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2007
Chino, California
Hey how's it going

I would like to get some feedback and see what kind of settings for the lift to shift

What are the guys with a big turbos running for nlts

I currently have mine at 6k but I would like to get a second opinion

TIA

It ultimately comes down to what RPM your shifting at. If you look at your logs and your shift points, see where your RPMS drop to and that is a good starting point to set it. Then adjust as needed.

Frank, just a warning, running NLTS can create problems with your launch (at least it did for me). I did some research before setting up my NLTS, taking advice to set RPM to max torque which on my car was ~4.5k. I set NLTS at 4.5k and my launch (two step) was setup at 5k so as soon as I'd launch as I was slipping the clutch the clutchsw was showing closed (pedal down) which resulted in me going from two-step straight into NLTS so my RPM's would drop to 4.5k and stay there.

My fix was relocating my NLTS wiring into the clutch pedal switch (at the bottom of the pedal) rather than the cruise control switch (at the top). Doing this opens the clutch switch signal the instant the clutch pedal isn't bottomed out, having at the top of the clutch throw means the clutch pedal has to be completely at the top position before NLTS is no longer activated.

Hopefully that isn't confusing. :idontknow:

In the end, I had better results setting it to 7k (shifting at 8k) as far as maintaining boost between shifts. Off the top of my head I'm running 30psi and holding 20psi+ between shifts and 7k shifts and boost was dropping to ~15psi between shifts running NLTS at 4.5k.

It takes some testing to see where your setup likes it.

Frank, just a warning, running NLTS can create problems with your launch (at least it did for me). I did some research before setting up my NLTS, taking advice to set RPM to max torque which on my car was ~4.5k. I set NLTS at 4.5k and my launch (two step) was setup at 5k so as soon as I'd launch as I was slipping the clutch the clutchsw was showing closed (pedal down) which resulted in me going from two-step straight into NLTS so my RPM's would drop to 4.5k and stay there.

My fix was relocating my NLTS wiring into the clutch pedal switch (at the bottom of the pedal) rather than the cruise control switch (at the top). Doing this opens the clutch switch signal the instant the clutch pedal isn't bottomed out, having at the top of the clutch throw means the clutch pedal has to be completely at the top position before NLTS is no longer activated.

Hopefully that isn't confusing. :idontknow:

In the end, I had better results setting it to 7k (shifting at 8k) as far as maintaining boost between shifts. Off the top of my head I'm running 30psi and holding 20psi+ between shifts and 7k shifts and boost was dropping to ~15psi between shifts running NLTS at 4.5k.

It takes some testing to see where your setup likes it.

Yeah I got the idea from kris a while or go I get it
I will be changing it like you said

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back