The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Newbie Star with big goals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Commy

Probationary Member
Mar 12, 2013
Langley, BC_Canada
So hey guys, I'm gonna start off by introducing myself, my name is Dmitry (yes, weird spelling I know) and I just came off a 6 month suspension and four grand ICBC pay out and finally on the road with my ESI.

So lets begin, I have somewhat of a bagged talon. Any advice given will be greatly appreciated. Bought with the aspiration of making it an awd tsi but thats not for now.

So far all I have done is a stage 2 clutch replace and a short shifter. Got it with an air intake, muffler and tip, strut bar, eclipse conversion body kit and a massacre for halos and loose tierods and cracked control arm bushings and a very minimal leak on the oil pan.

My goals are to build a N/A pushing 250hp (maybe if possible more).
Make it a clean, mean and with a set of balls head turner.

So here it begins, will do my best to do weekly and updates if something is swapped.

And yes, Im somewhat knowledgeable with this car but still a very, very big NEWB.

So here are some pictures of my baby.

Attachments

• AbLppXLqhd0.jpg
    AbLppXLqhd0.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 152
  • -R6dnPSRZhA.jpg
    -R6dnPSRZhA.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 107
  • J82e_XfcRQA.jpg
    J82e_XfcRQA.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 73
  • KOE_boR5ojo.jpg
    KOE_boR5ojo.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 74
  • v-hhFOG2wB4.jpg
    v-hhFOG2wB4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 71
  • _NA6jjiGGp0.jpg
    _NA6jjiGGp0.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 0NUtbeWtOt0.jpg
    0NUtbeWtOt0.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 90
Well first off welcome! Second ( may be a dream crusher).. but 250 hp N/A, is a really really big long shot to put plain and simple. Thirdly, doing an AWD swap in an N/A is very difficult and costly, but more feasible then the 250 N/A LOL.

Again, I'm sorry to be the first to say it, but if your looking for power, you should either look into going turbo. If that's not what you want, you may need to keep the talom stock and save up for a AWD tsi.

Well, first off the goals are later and will progress as I acquire more money. My insurance is 1200 for 3 months (my suspension costed me harsh for the next 3 years). Working two jobs just to afford living on my own, school and this car. And yes I was thinking of swapping to a TSI but after long thought, I realized that they get built up a lot and I want to build a N/A monster with no turbo and run it at the most I can get 'er at.

So far this upcoming weekend I have my first budget since getting her (my girlfriend called my car Veronica) back is 1000$ and thats roughly what I have to put into her every month.

So hopefully this weekend Im going to have an engine pull, full new paint job, new tierods, control arm bushing, oil pan and a few deletes, rear windshield wiper, power steering, a/c and cruise control.
And goals for new week is a a block rebuild.

Also want to going to ATTEMPT to rewire the fuse box and ecu into the passenger airbag location and battery to the trunk.

want to clean her up and make her a head turner. As for mods in hopes of reaching power are coils and full fuel system, Greddy catback, throttle body spacer, headers, injectors, cams maybe chip BEFORE we start tinkling with internal. As mentioned before I AM a newb so all advice is greatly appreciated.

And can someone toss me a link onto how to do a 420a engine bay clean up/relocation of stuff and wire tuck?

And thanks for the welcome!

My advice to you is to not ask for advice through your journal, so you don't get the usual trolls on here. Goodluck with your build I'm subscribing to this and I look forward to seeing the 250hp NA. Its possible.

Welcome! As I have told my buddies before, it takes time and money to get what you want. I hope you have both of those. I wouldn't rush into anything. Think clearly of what it is you want to do. Do you I really want naturally aspirated? Turbo AWD? And how much do I have to spend? These are questions I think you should ask yourself. Trust me there will be those times that a though will cross your mind and change the whole game. Either way, good luck with the build!!!

Isn't the highest hp N/A 420a like 219whp? Good luck getting there.

First, you want to get a 200 shot of Nitrous.... J/K

Dude, as said before, just go turbo or save up for a talon AWD its not that expensive. If you were to sell your car and add an extra $1k, you could probably go and get a tsi AWD within a week.

If you're struggling just to live, pay for school, and pay for your car, then you're going to have a hard time making > 250whp while N/A. You would reach your goals, spend less money, and have a decent car if you just slapped a turbo on it, some fuel mods, and tuned, then you could call it a day and be done with it.

In my opinion, the only people who respond with the usual "I want to stay naturally aspirated" or "FWD is better for what im doing" are just making excuses because they are attached to their car, which there is nothing wrong with, just don't let it cost you a lot of time and a ton of money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back