The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

new york state inspection and error codes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmTripp

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2009
Palm Bay, Florida
ok so for all of you that live in great ol ny know how much of a pain this state is and when it comes to our cars they are no exception.
need my car inspected but i am throwing codes
Car is a 97 GST Spyder that is a little from being stock

so here is the list
P0141 O2 sensor heater bank 1 sensor 2
is this meaning the second O2 sensor or no?
P0443 emission control system purge valve c fault
this one i have no idea
P0403 EGR flow circuit malfunction
again no idea
the other 2 codes are
P1104
P1105

I Live in the Watertown/ Carthage area so if any body knows anything that will help me please send the info or ideas
thank you

Last edited:
P1104- Manufacture fuel/air metering malfunction mine ended up being the wastegate solenoid, mine was completely missing, have you been having any boost/fuel cut issues? If so then theres most likely something wrong with the solenoid be it not there or leaking somehow... The o2 sensor would be the second one in my opinion seeing as how it says sensor 2 :p

The P0443 and the P0403 are usually related to mismatched vaccum lines coming off of the EGR valve in my experience... And to be honest with you, emissions inspections suck I'm a month late on mine... I'm ready for the big fine LOL

The P1105 is the Fuel pressure solenoid, which is usually 9 times out of 10 in relation to the 1104 it also shows as a Manufacture fuel/air metering malf. Just find someone with those solenoids and try them if it still doesn't work you may have the vaccum lines switched up... Just call your local Mitsu parts department and ask for 15-710 (at least thats what my sheet says) Or just an emission controll print off it shows where all of the vaccum lines should be and which solenoids they hook up to. If you need a new solenoid for the Wastegate the PN is MD145201
The Fuel pressure solenoid I didn't get the part number but on the diagram is listed as 12421S
Hope that helps man I'm still tryin' to fix mine so I can get it inspected

You could bite the long run bullet and get ECMLink. Along side of fixing the problems the car may have certain things you modify which will never pass inspection can be overlooked by Link.

If all else fails, you can bring it to my shop: Dayo's Garage 15 Fillmore Ave. Tonawanda NY 14150

where re you in relation to me?

i recieved my fuel pressure solenoid and threw it back on
cleared my codes and went for a drive around 36 miles and no check engine light came one but when i check for codes two came up dont remember what they were but i was basically checking to see if the sensors were ready and 3-4 werent ready so hopefully when i got to get it inspected tomorrow sensors will all be ready with no check engine light so i can pass but if it doesnt they said i should get a 10 day pas so i can drive legally so then i will explore all my options as to getting it inspected to

so ~ Colt4g63 how are you going to be able to get my car inspected at your garage because if it doesn pass tomorrow i might make a drive with the 10 day and come and see you

You could bite the long run bullet and get ECMLink. Along side of fixing the problems the car may have certain things you modify which will never pass inspection can be overlooked by Link.

BANG! haha this is what i was going to suggest since you can shut all those BS emissions codes off with link.

If your car is "little from stock", then it shouldn't take much to make it function within normal parameters, and therefore pass.

You will only recieve a ten day sticker from the DMV when you first register your car; inspection shops do not hand them out.

I was just up by you two weeks ago rafting the Salmon River. You would go south on the I-81 to the I-90, and west on the I-90 to the I-290 north (Niagara Falls). Follow the I-290 about 4 miles and get off at the 425 (Colvin) and drive north to Fillmore Ave. and go left. I'm at the end of the street. 15 Fillmore Ave. If you have any questions, Google maps is awesome. You probably would have about a two hour drive.

Last edited:
If your car is "little from stock", then it shouldn't take much to make it function within normal parameters, and therefore pass.

QUOTE]
well went today and the shop said i probably wouldnt pass that and when they try to pull it in to actually hook it up to see they couldnt with out tearing the bottom of my car out so he pretty much said he couldnt do anything for me and go some place else. though he did say to go to a junk yard adn use windex and a razor blade and get a sticker from a wrecked car but i didnt hear that from him as he said that and thats only temperary. as in if i get pulled over and they actually scan it im screwd. I also heard that the inspection info actually goes into the dmv's data base now so i dont know if that means if a cop following you can run your plates and see your inspection is good or not

ok as for set up i got fmic, bigger turbo, greddy blow off, hks evc5, apexi safcII aem uego wide band,.
and when i got the car all the vac lines were caped off at the throtle body and some stuff taken off one being the fuel pressure solenoid but i replaced that.
i dont know if i could go on a 2 hour drive with an inspection sticker that expired nov09. :cry:so sad:( ny suxs:notgood:

Last edited:

My car is nowhere near modified enough LOL. HOWEVER if you delete the emissions codes won't that affect the performance of the vehicle? or would it enhance? and would the sections such as catalyst systems and missfire detection as well as the other systems required for the emissions inspection show up as ready or would it be one of those things where since they aren't there they would read as not ready?

I just went up there rafting again last Sunday, and I was mistaken, it's actually three hours.

If you change your mind about the drive keep in mind it's all interstate, so you probably won't have to worry about the sticker that much.

Do you still have a converter? If you do, I don't see much else on your mod list that implies your car can't easilly pass emissions with a few minor repairs.

I just went up there rafting again last Sunday, and I was mistaken, it's actually three hours.

If you change your mind about the drive keep in mind it's all interstate, so you probably won't have to worry about the sticker that much.

Do you still have a converter? If you do, I don't see much else on your mod list that implies your car can't easilly pass emissions with a few minor repairs.

What part of the Salmon River colt? That runs up in the neck of my home town. Watertown is about 2.5-3hr hike. It's about 45 mins north of Syracuse. I drive through it everytime I visit my mother.

What kind of wonders could you do on a no start problem for me? :sneaky:

What part of the Salmon River colt? That runs up in the neck of my home town. Watertown is about 2.5-3hr hike. It's about 45 mins north of Syracuse. I drive through it everytime I visit my mother.

What kind of wonders could you do on a no start problem for me? :sneaky:

We pull the rafts out in Pulaski, so it's a little south of Watertown.

Ha ha ha, no start you say? Well, just an example: I had a car come in last week that hadn't seen fuel pressure in three years. The guy had it registered and insured the whole time so it could sit in his driveway. He had numerous buddies, and one shop try to fix it for him. They even installed a new BBK fuel pump.

It took me half an hour to get it running. It was an 89 Mustang GT, and the fuel pump relay (under the driver seat) was fused shut, and the power wire had corroded off of it while it sat for three years.

If you would choose up something about this one, why not try to have to check it to a new york auto repair shop in order to really verify it for the long run. In that way, things could have been very much good and well for the next time that happen.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back