1. EXPECT DELAYS! We'll be performing some routine system updates this week. Plan for some intermittent site outages. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you notice anything broken, post a thread in the Site Feedback forum please.

new york state inspection and error codes

Posted by dsmTripp, Jul 18, 2010
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. dsmTripp

dsmTripp Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Palm Bay, Florida
    ok so for all of you that live in great ol ny know how much of a pain this state is and when it comes to our cars they are no exception.
    need my car inspected but i am throwing codes
    Car is a 97 GST Spyder that is a little from being stock

so here is the list
    P0141 O2 sensor heater bank 1 sensor 2
    is this meaning the second O2 sensor or no?
    P0443 emission control system purge valve c fault
    this one i have no idea
    P0403 EGR flow circuit malfunction
    again no idea
    the other 2 codes are
    P1104
    P1105

I Live in the Watertown/ Carthage area so if any body knows anything that will help me please send the info or ideas
    thank you

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. project1g

project1g Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Jacksonville, North_Carolina
    P1104- Manufacture fuel/air metering malfunction mine ended up being the wastegate solenoid, mine was completely missing, have you been having any boost/fuel cut issues? If so then theres most likely something wrong with the solenoid be it not there or leaking somehow... The o2 sensor would be the second one in my opinion seeing as how it says sensor 2 :p

The P0443 and the P0403 are usually related to mismatched vaccum lines coming off of the EGR valve in my experience... And to be honest with you, emissions inspections suck I'm a month late on mine... I'm ready for the big fine LOL

The P1105 is the Fuel pressure solenoid, which is usually 9 times out of 10 in relation to the 1104 it also shows as a Manufacture fuel/air metering malf. Just find someone with those solenoids and try them if it still doesn't work you may have the vaccum lines switched up... Just call your local Mitsu parts department and ask for 15-710 (at least thats what my sheet says) Or just an emission controll print off it shows where all of the vaccum lines should be and which solenoids they hook up to. If you need a new solenoid for the Wastegate the PN is MD145201
    The Fuel pressure solenoid I didn't get the part number but on the diagram is listed as 12421S
    Hope that helps man I'm still tryin' to fix mine so I can get it inspected

3. Colt4G63 also

Colt4G63 also Proven Member

Tonawanda, New_York
    If all else fails, you can bring it to my shop: Dayo's Garage 15 Fillmore Ave. Tonawanda NY 14150

4. Matt at STM

Matt at STM Probationary Member

Rochester, New_York
    You could bite the long run bullet and get ECMLink. Along side of fixing the problems the car may have certain things you modify which will never pass inspection can be overlooked by Link.

5. dsmTripp

dsmTripp Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Palm Bay, Florida
    where re you in relation to me?

i recieved my fuel pressure solenoid and threw it back on
    cleared my codes and went for a drive around 36 miles and no check engine light came one but when i check for codes two came up dont remember what they were but i was basically checking to see if the sensors were ready and 3-4 werent ready so hopefully when i got to get it inspected tomorrow sensors will all be ready with no check engine light so i can pass but if it doesnt they said i should get a 10 day pas so i can drive legally so then i will explore all my options as to getting it inspected to

so ~ Colt4g63 how are you going to be able to get my car inspected at your garage because if it doesn pass tomorrow i might make a drive with the 10 day and come and see you

6. SBR Joe

SBR Joe Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Butler/Indiana, Pennsylvania
    BANG! haha this is what i was going to suggest since you can shut all those BS emissions codes off with link.

7. Colt4G63 also

Tonawanda, New_York
    If your car is "little from stock", then it shouldn't take much to make it function within normal parameters, and therefore pass.

You will only recieve a ten day sticker from the DMV when you first register your car; inspection shops do not hand them out.

I was just up by you two weeks ago rafting the Salmon River. You would go south on the I-81 to the I-90, and west on the I-90 to the I-290 north (Niagara Falls). Follow the I-290 about 4 miles and get off at the 425 (Colvin) and drive north to Fillmore Ave. and go left. I'm at the end of the street. 15 Fillmore Ave. If you have any questions, Google maps is awesome. You probably would have about a two hour drive.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  8. dsmTripp

dsmTripp Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Palm Bay, Florida

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  9. project1g

project1g Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Jacksonville, North_Carolina
    My car is nowhere near modified enough LOL. HOWEVER if you delete the emissions codes won't that affect the performance of the vehicle? or would it enhance? and would the sections such as catalyst systems and missfire detection as well as the other systems required for the emissions inspection show up as ready or would it be one of those things where since they aren't there they would read as not ready?

10. Colt4G63 also

Tonawanda, New_York
    I just went up there rafting again last Sunday, and I was mistaken, it's actually three hours.

If you change your mind about the drive keep in mind it's all interstate, so you probably won't have to worry about the sticker that much.

Do you still have a converter? If you do, I don't see much else on your mod list that implies your car can't easilly pass emissions with a few minor repairs.

11. GSXSixteenG

GSXSixteenG Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Buffalo, New_York
    What part of the Salmon River colt? That runs up in the neck of my home town. Watertown is about 2.5-3hr hike. It's about 45 mins north of Syracuse. I drive through it everytime I visit my mother.

What kind of wonders could you do on a no start problem for me? :sneaky:

12. Colt4G63 also

Tonawanda, New_York
    We pull the rafts out in Pulaski, so it's a little south of Watertown.

Ha ha ha, no start you say? Well, just an example: I had a car come in last week that hadn't seen fuel pressure in three years. The guy had it registered and insured the whole time so it could sit in his driveway. He had numerous buddies, and one shop try to fix it for him. They even installed a new BBK fuel pump.

It took me half an hour to get it running. It was an 89 Mustang GT, and the fuel pump relay (under the driver seat) was fused shut, and the power wire had corroded off of it while it sat for three years.

13. armandjones82

armandjones82 Probationary Member

Oak Grove, Missouri
    If you would choose up something about this one, why not try to have to check it to a new york auto repair shop in order to really verify it for the long run. In that way, things could have been very much good and well for the next time that happen.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011