The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

New to tuning/ECMLINK does not show accurate RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsm96GSX

Probationary Member
May 16, 2014
Mooresville, North_Carolina
Hello all been a DSM owner for awhile. Recently lost my tune on ECMLINK V3, which I don't know how happened but oh well, anyways Iv taken matters into my own hands and attempted to tune the car myself. My main issue right now is that my RPM gauge and the RPM shown in ECMLINK do not match. Is there a setting I need to change in order to adjust that?
Thanks

Power transistor could be causing your issue.
it could be the actual tach gauge.
Either way they are connected and its far less likely your ECU is lying.
You should already have this concept.

Does it feel like its at .4K or 1.1K ?
I will guess it feels like 1.1K so you have the concept.

The car feels like its at .4k at idle, it feels like its just barely running. Would that still point to the power transistor/ignition module to be the culprit? So far I have read that the ecu gets its rpm reading from the ignition module/power transistor but would a faulty one cause it to read double the rpm?

So today I replaced the Power Transistor/Ignition Module and it has not had any impact on RPM. Also its unlikely that my cluster is faulty, prior to this situation about two months ago when car was running fine the tachometer functioned perfectly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back