The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G New Starter Clicking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project97GST

Proven Member
May 24, 2017
Pekin, Illinois
I have looked around numerous places on the forum and the complexity of my issue here causes me to create a new post. After completing my rebuild and turning the key I found out I had bought a awd flywheel and not the fwd I needed( The starter only spun). So after swapping them yesterday I turned the key and my starter clicked maybe broken right? So I bought a new one and replaced it today. Same problem. Swapped batteries and also tried jumping it, but just one click everytime. I have checked the connections and all are good. I cleaned all terminals, and checked the harness visually for issues. I am not sure what else to do. I have yet to use a multimeter but I am just at a loss of what to do. Any help is appreciated!

FWD 161651 Fidanza Flywheel
FWD starter plate
FWD starter

The clutch safety switch is the one you want to disconnect. It's the one pushed in when the clutch pedal is not pushed in.

The clicking you were hearing was the relay disconnecting the signal from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid to keep you from starting the car with the clutch engaged.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back