The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G New pump and regulator... possible pressure issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thakingcb7

Proven Member
Feb 8, 2015
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Hooked up my new Walbro 255 high pressure and FuelLab 515 last night. Activated the fuel pump with Link and set the pressure to 43.5psi. Everything seemed fine... no leaks or anything. Started driving so I can tune and started going real lean once I get into boost. Checked the fuel pressure again when I got home (running and shut off) and I can't get it to go above 24psi. Cranked the pressure bolt in about 6 full turns and still no change. I noticed that when I first set the pressure I could hear the fluid rushing through the return line but now I can't hear anything. Pump even seems a little quieter. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm currently trying to get a hold of a multimeter to check voltage but any other ideas are very appreciated. I need this fixed today so I can get to work tomorrow.

Alright fellas... pulled the pump and discovered that it was wiggling loose at the hanger. Cut the flared piece off and bridged it with a piece of hose and 2 clamps on each side... holds pressure and runs like a champ now. Much appreciation for the help. You guys are the best.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back