New Fusebox Mil-spec Harness for the 1G & 2G Dsms Coming soon!

Posted by OHM_Racer, Jun 23, 2016
Vendor Announcements - Special sales, group buys, and product announcements from our supporting vendors. We encourage all members to read and submit vendor reviews as well.

Please Support Boostin Performance
  1. mitsumikey

mitsumikey Proven Member Windsor, ON_Canada

DSM Profiles:
    very enticing! awaiting deets

2. DSM_GSX01

DSM_GSX01 Proven Member La Junta, Colorado

DSM Profiles:
    As soon they are ready i have payment ready in savings. I will be ready just say the word that they are ready.

3. fastasseclips95

fastasseclips95 Proven Member Newton, Kansas

DSM Profiles:
    Pretty freaking cool. I just ordered the engine harness last week.

4. fastasseclips95

fastasseclips95 Proven Member Newton, Kansas

DSM Profiles:
    Which harness are you referring to? There's an $800,$900 and $1200 harness.

5. PrimerPLus

PrimerPLus Proven Member Wasilla, Alaska

DSM Profiles:
    Will these include all connections? Because there are minor differences for 95-97 and 98-99.
    I know I would like to retain all my original connections including the emissions etc.

6. Critic4Du3ce

Critic4Du3ce Proven Member Ny, New_Jersey

This is dope! But I Need a harness with just headlights, tail lights and wadeva the car needs to run.. Because, #racecar LOL

7. b00stedtalon2

b00stedtalon2 Proven Member Royal Oak, Michigan

DSM Profiles:
    Subscribed

8. OHM_Racer

OHM_Racer Supporting Vendor el paso, Texas

I'll message you when it's ready. :thumb:

There will be 3 options as-well so I'm referring to all of them.

Currently we are not making any harness with emission stuff in it.

We can do that once it is ready.. :thumb:

9. DSM_GSX01

DSM_GSX01 Proven Member La Junta, Colorado

DSM Profiles:
    Ok thank you. Will be waiting. And ready. Thanks

10. Critic4Du3ce

Critic4Du3ce Proven Member Ny, New_Jersey

11. OHM_Racer

:sneaky:

Archer Fabrications likes this.
  12. T is for TURBO

T is for TURBO Proven Member Milwaukee, Wisconsin

DSM Profiles:
    I'm just sitting here with my credit card. Patiently waiting.:heystupid:

13. DSMReviver

DSMReviver Proven Member Little Rock, Arkansas

DSM Profiles:
    Im not sure if prices are discussed but will this be remotely be affordable for everyone? I know you guys probably the only one making them right now so you could charge what ever prices you want. If this is going to be $500,800,900,1200 im not sure how may are going to be interested. There are alot of people with these cars and if its affordable you are going to sold more. Every dollar adds up when you try to restore a 20+ year old car. I my self is needing a new fuse box so if prices are attainable i will be picking one of these up for sure.

14. tylersevo

tylersevo Proven Member Fort Wayne, Indiana

DSM Profiles:
    Attainable is subjective. All their other prices are very fair so I'd expect this to follow suit.

iugrad92turbo likes this.
  15. T is for TURBO

DSM Profiles:
    Their engine harness is priced fairly IMO, and they said this will be more expensive. So it will be $1K plus in cost. Pay to play as they say.

16. DSMReviver

DSM Profiles:
    Im sure they will follow suit but how may are they planning to sell at that price?

17. T is for TURBO

DSM Profiles:
    Who cares? They'll charge whatever the need to charge to make profit.

18. keepdroolinimspoolin

keepdroolinimspoolin Probationary Member Saugerties, New_York

$1200, just looked on the site. With that being said, I'll be doing my own harness. I don't need gold plated pins and a quick disconnect...just trying to tuck and clean up the bay. However, I would love to get my hands on a new fuse box. Doubt they will offer that separately though.

DSMReviver and iugrad92turbo like this.
  19. T is for TURBO

DSM Profiles:
    1200 is for the top of the line for the engine harness, not the fuse box harness.

The base, non quick disconnect engine harness is much cheaper at $879

20. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman Auburn Hills, Michigan

DSM Profiles:

Please consider the R&D that went into the development. The quality aftermarket scene is quickly diminishing for this platform. If you break down the cost of quality materials and the time involved, the pricing is VERY reasonable. This should be the last wire harness a DSM should ever need. I have to say, some of the custom parts that have been released by supporting vendors and freelancers lately have been among the highest quality I have seen available for this platform.

21. T is for TURBO

DSM Profiles:
    I couldn't have said it better. I'm considering buying two of in case I ever find a super clean spyder

chinola69 likes this.
  22. DSMReviver

DSM Profiles:
    It control the engine and make sure it is reciving signals from different sensors. I dont see why this platform engine harness has to be doubled compare to others(we dont even have a vtec wire smfh). And you want to tell me the short fuse box will be $1000 dollars at least? I know financially minded person like me will agree to what i am saying. I just want to make my dollars work for me and not throw at stripper harness. OHM_racer i know yal will make a fantastic harness but its a little out of range for some of us. I apprecite you supporting this platform anyways.

23. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman Auburn Hills, Michigan

DSM Profiles:
    This is exactly why the parts cost more! The market is much more lucrative for other platforms as there are many more owners, thus more demand. Many of us here are also financially minded. Like the saying goes, "DSM, turning owners into mechanics since 1990." Other than an alignment, I cannot recall paying someone to work on my DSM's. Being financially minded, I prefer to complete the labor myself, able to purchase better quality/performing parts. However, there are some instances where I know my limits. I don't know how to build a proper roll cage, so I would likely have someone build it for me. Sure, the cost of materials may be a fraction of the overall price, but the knowledge, skill, and time it takes are well worth it to me.

The reason these things are being offered is because we don't all feel this way.
    • Generally, all internal combustion engines are the same. They convert thermal energy into mechanical energy.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  24. OHM_Racer

This made my day. We might start doing the "you want to donate a dollar" thing. LOL JK

I couldn't have said it better.

Another thing to take into consideration, some of the 30+ connectors we had to purchase in 500 - 1000+ quantities, are we ever gonna be able to sell all that on a platform like this? not even 5% to be realistic. Another example is we have 10,000 of the same terminals for a very old connector that no other car uses (to our knowledge) which makes the whole profit thing harder. I dont feel like we are obligated to share this with our customers, but this might clear the water a little.

We mention price will be a little higher, why? because it's way longer than a engine harness and it uses way thicker gauges of wire, it's practically like making 2 engine harnesses, and also if you want the option of quick disconnect there is gonna be one on each fender, we are not talking about anything crazy in here maybe a 15% increase in price compared to our reasonably price engine harness.

We already offer an engine harness for both models of this platform, we could easily continue offering just those options and jump into the continuation of the R&D of the Evo harnesses, but some of us still have love for this platform, and a fuse-box harness followed by a auto engine harness option seems to be the right thing, maybe not profit wise, but me personally don't like to leave things half done.

On a side note:

My opinion about posting another company's website in this thread is just not right(very good company if you ask me). especially when that said company doesn't pay supporting vendor fees in this website or is not a supporting vendor and besides that, our harness is plug and play no need to wire anything anywhere, so that is one big difference for some people. :thumb:

If you guys have any more questions, just let me know.

25. Blurred Talon

Blurred Talon Proven Member Paradise, NL_Canada

DSM Profiles:
    I laugh at people bashing a company's price on something - I've spent a load on my harness in my car and I've still got stock old ass wiring! I certainly wish these guys were around before I started my harness - I would have bought one rather then frig with mine.

Keep up the good work Ohm Racer!

jamel16 and chinola69 like this.