The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New Engine Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicselli

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2015
Lowell, Michigan
1g DSM no a/c
Just got my new engine in!!!! Running into a bit of a problem putting the accessory components back on... I usually take pictures when I disassemble something but figured I didn't need to for this. I just need someone to explain where to start and order up each component after that. The timing is all set I Need to figure my pulleys, alternator, p/s pump, timing cover....

Thanks Everyone!

There isnt anything to screw up except water pump. Smaller pulley goes inside and sort of fits inside the larger one.

Thanks @pauleyman! So ok what about crank pulley little hole lines up with the little hole and then put in the for bolts holding it to the sprocket? also before i place any pulleys my cover goes on correct? Where does m power steering pump and alternator go?

The crank sprocket is supposed to have a pin in it. Thats what that hole is for. Without that pin, yes line it up and put the four bolts in it. As for power steering and alternator i figured those would be self explanatory. If you dont know where they mount take a look at some 4g63 engine pics.

There are a couple timing videos that would show you what goes where for the most part. (I know your timing is done but the videos show how to put everything back together). Also a FSM is a life saver with any car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back