The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New best 809whp bc276 cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
After some changes to the set up I was hoping to really set the dyno on fire today hit snag as the clutch is finally showing its limits LOL. I overlaid the 801whp with the 809whp. If you pay attention to the graph you can see the car has potential to make more power. In the lower rpm range the car averaged 110 more horsepower but at around 110mph the clutch started to slip and didn't catch grip until towards the end of the pull this is indicated by the gear ratio line logged at the bottom of the dyno sheet. We estimate that the car would have made around 860whp with a better clutch setup. Another problem we were encountering was the dyno for some reason kept losing rpm signal that is why there is no torque on the graph. All in all I am happy with the car it has been impressive so far. when finished I drove 1 1/2 hours, home now that's a true daily driver in my book.:)

What setup are you on now? I should be getting ready to have mine tuned in the beginning of the year. Going to try out the 280 cams I bought from you on my 2.4 twin scroll HX35 setup. Great numbers, get a new clutch in there and let's see what she puts down.:hellyeah:

What ignition system are you running? During my last dyno session I made 577hp through automatic estimated to be around 700hp before I encountered some ignition related problems. I am running evo9 plugs and spoiling up cop. I was told that you are not supposed to gap the evo 9 plugs and spoiling up said I was at the limit of his system. I am saving up for a CDI system and since my dream is 800hp I was curious what ignition and intake you are running. Thanks in advance.

Bro i have been paying attention to you and your car for some time now, and i am very curious as to what changes have been made and were you are now; as far as parts.
Well I had issues with valve float on the gsc 5041 spring I called gsc and told them about the issue and they told me that the older 5041 beehive spring with the thicker seat had been discontinued. I asked them why and all they could say was that the spring was an off the shelf spring that they machined a thicker seat for and really wasn't designed to handle any type of high rpm despite their old advertising, without blasting gsc at the moment I fixed the issue that the springs caused and I am now running Brian crower dual spring kit and ENGBLD stainless steel valves. While the head was off I swapped the 9:5 to 1 cp slugs for a set of 10:0 to 1 cp slugs, I ditched the single fuel pump kenne belle boost a pump and installed an inline walbro ws392 hp 255 fuel pump with the walbro 450 intank fuel pump feeding it. The reason I went back to the dyno is because the car is so much more powerful than before and I was curious as to power gain over the previous 801whp. I am on stock ignition. I had a misfiring issue during some wide open pulls after engine breakin but solved the problem by tightening the gap of the plugs to almost shut:p.

Thanks will look into some copper plugs for evo 9 so I can close the gap. I have another dyno date on December 23, I am happy for you and your new found power. What clutch set up are you going with?

Thanks will look into some copper plugs for evo 9 so I can close the gap. I have another dyno date on December 23, I am happy for you and your new found power. What clutch set up are you going with?
As of right now I don't have a clue. From what I have been reading the only option at these power levels is someone's twin disc.

I think porting the combustion chamber and unshrouding the valves gave you that nice midrange. Same thing happened to NGOc Dyno hp number after i rework the combustion chamber. Nice hp. Great job on the new setup.

I think porting the combustion chamber and unshrouding the valves gave you that nice midrange. Same thing happened to NGOc Dyno hp number after i rework the combustion chamber. Nice hp. Great job on the new setup.
Killa you know I listen when you speak you have so much to offer in areas that others don't even consider and its those little things that you suggested over the years that has made the biggest difference I wish you were on these boards more often some of the newbies can really benefit from your experience with these cars, Thanks bro!:thumb:

Dang kels!! Reppin for the gst like a mad dog!! :) love your porgress and work bro. No 1/4 mile times? Maybe you should try side gaping your plugs bro?!
Thanks bro I want to hit the track therefore I am working on my next upgrade, roll cage, so I can get those 1/4 mile numbers safely, I really would like to come home after a nice run if you know what I mean and I don't mean in a body bag either;)

I'm surprised that this is you're just now having clutch issues. That is awesome power. Its great to see someone with a smart simple setup throw on a turbo and really use its capabilities. Most impressive is your cars reliability. Good work sir.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back