The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New 1G products coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

I've had a chance to prototype a few new 1G products lately, and I wanted to chime in to share and also to gather some opinions. I still need to test this stuff on a few cars before it's available. But once available, I will have ads in the Freelancer section.

I'm working on a 1G rear upper control arm. These will offer a greater adjustment range and also save around 1.5 lbs weight on the car. These are similar to the Afco DIY kits that some people have been using. The differences are that my arms will have a stronger tube, a much better heim joint, and properly fitting standoffs that won't require modification. The inboard end will feature a chromoly, teflon-lined heim. The outboard end will be a very nice Moog tie rod end (booted and zirked). The tube itself is a large OD extruded aluminum tube. Very strong due to it's hex shape, and reasonably lightweight as well. Pricing will probably be around $200 shipped for the set.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'll also be offering a 1G active toe eliminator kit. These will feature a chromoly, teflon-lined heim. I'll also be including 4 small round caps to use to weld over the factory bolt holes. I'm hoping to be around $150 shipped for the kit, so reasonably competitive.

And last but not least, I'll be jigging up a 1G rear subframe in the coming weeks. I'll be designing and building a prototype tubular rear subframe very soon. And there will be options for a 1G rearend or 3000GT rearend. I'm very much looking forward to this project. I hope some of you guys still want something like this.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Feel free to post any suggestions or opinions you may have. I welcome any constructive criticism. And if there's another 1G rearend product you want, let me know.

Thanks!

Ahh, ok. I don't know how that contact would occur but I trust Cioc more than myself.
Something to keep in mind; Cioc was/is running a very uncommon Ohlins suspension. I don't know much about it, but it seems that it compresses much further than the more common struts out there. I'd venture to guess that 99.9% of DSMer's, running more common and conventional struts and coilovers, won't have an issue with a straight upper arm. And I'd certainly be interested in getting some straight arms on some cars to test this theory of mine.

For the guys who know they need a bent arm, I can definitely offer one. Downsides are that it will weigh more and it will also cost more. But certainly doable.

Something to keep in mind; Cioc was/is running a very uncommon Ohlins suspension. I don't know much about it, but it seems that it compresses much further than the more common struts out there.
I would agree that most people will have 0 issues with a straight bar. My word of caution was just that. When installing any suspension components take the extra 20 minutes a cycle the suspension to look for any rubs. For me it was a compound issue of my tires potentially hitting the rear fender and the arm hitting the frame. Lucky for me it was the arm that rubbed first. Had the tire hit I might not have the car anymore. I just wanted to inform the group of my experience. Those bars look amazing by the way...and strong work on the jig! Cant wait to see the finished product.

Interested in the upper arms if you still have the material to make them. Let me know a price. Thanks

great stuff. when will you have more lower arms?
I'd like to give some time to the guys who are testing them to make sure there's no problems. Give me a couple months and if all if well and no revisions need to be made, I'll throw an ad for them up in the freelancer section.

I knocked out a prototype rear mustache bar this weekend. It's made of chromoly and weighs in at 5 lbs 11 oz (close to 3 lbs under the OE mustache bar). It attaches to 4 points on the cover, rather than just to two up top. This one will be going off to the coater this week and will get installed on Dan's 1G as soon as it comes back.

I don't have a price figured on these yet, but I will start building these in the near future. As soon as I get a few done, I'll come up with a price and put an ad up in the freelancer section.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back