The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New 1G products coming soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm envisioning a killer machined bracket that slides over that extrusion for the swaybar attachments. Please make this happen!
Excellent idea! The machining is beyond what I can do in my shop, but I know just who to talk to about possibly getting this done.

I sold the set of rear toe eliminators a little wile back to fund other parts since they had sat around uninstalled for quite a while... I'm sure I'll end up ordering a set from you, probably this fall.

I'll also be offering a 1G active toe eliminator kit. These will feature a chromoly, teflon-lined heim. I'll also be including 4 small round caps to use to weld over the factory bolt holes. I'm hoping to be around $150 shipped for the kit, so reasonably competitive.

Paul,

Not sure if you'd be interested, but I think there would be a decent market for an adjustable set of rear toe eliminator arms like those that 3SX sells. Could offer something like these? These are a nice alternative for someone like myself who wants to eliminate the the active rear toe, but wants to retain toe adjustability and also doesn't want to modify/weld the rear trailing arms.

Thoughts?

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=28895

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-5_12-58-40.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-5_12-58-40.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 105
Interested in everything, really admire that this community is still putting out new parts for our not-so-new cars.

It sounds as if your tubular subframe is intended to replace (most) of the factory trailing arms. Beyond the logistics of getting those to you to modify, it would also limit my need for the active (passive, actually) toe eliminator pieces. Do you have any idea on the timeline for subframes to be ready? If it's not terribly distant, most of us will probably opt to wait for them.

The 3SX kit above looks to be another way of reaching just about the same result as the ATE kit for us. There's no rear rack for us to remove, which is what the two braces are replacing. The rubber up in the front of their trailing arm is still there, and can still allow some of what DSMs call "active toe" aka weight transfer causing the rubber to give. That solution would just be a middle road for those not wanting to remove the trailing arms/do some welding in order to gain some rigidity.

Interested in rear subframe as well but may not need one for another year or two. Any chance you might do some solid motor mounts for us 1g guys? I've been looking for some but can't find any.

Last edited:
I don't think so, I've only seen poly mounts offered by them but I could be wrong

I'll tell you first hand, the Torque Solution mounts are basically solid. You're not going to get any engine movement with them installed. If your setup requires solid motor mounts, the Torque Solution mounts will certainly suffice.

I'll tell you first hand, the Torque Solution mounts are basically solid. You're not going to get any engine movement with them installed. If your setup requires solid motor mounts, the Torque Solution mounts will certainly suffice.

Thanks for the feedback

I would be in for the toe eliminator kit and rear subframe with sway bar mounts!

Just bought adjustable UCAs and RTEs a few months ago...wish I would have waited now (especially for the bent UCAs). Definitely interested in the LCAs w. RSB provision and am interested in both the front and rear tubular subframes you're mentioning. Tubular front control arms with provisions for a FSB and suspension geometry adjustment would be excellent as well.

I'm also fairly close to you (near Novi, MI), and so could test stuff out/bring the car by as well.

Paul,

Not sure if you'd be interested, but I think there would be a decent market for an adjustable set of rear toe eliminator arms like those that 3SX sells. Could offer something like these? These are a nice alternative for someone like myself who wants to eliminate the the active rear toe, but wants to retain toe adjustability and also doesn't want to modify/weld the rear trailing arms.

Thoughts?

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=28895

Hey Brett,

So I noticed this weekend that 1G DSM subframes don't have the threaded holes where the rack would mount on a GVR4. So it would require some modification to run those steering eliminator braces on a DSM.

We finally found time to button Dan's car back up this weekend. Pics showing my UCA's and active toe eliminator kit installed. I'll be doing a mustache bar for this car right after the Shootout as well. And it will be different from the others on the market. Stay tuned!

This pic shows the clearance between the arm and the frame at full suspension compression. Suspension is Koni yellows with 2.5" coil over springs.

I am looking for the upper control arms for street use to adjust camber(with the boot)--so it can be done when i have an alignment--do u need the bent one or straight as my 94tsi awd is lower with 17" rims Can you pm me a price shipped? from above pic it looks like the straight one would do just fine

Last edited:
I am looking for the upper control arms for street use to adjust camber(with the boot)--so it can be done when i have an alignment--do u need the bent one or straight as my 94tsi awd is lower with 17" rims Can you pm me a price shipped? from above pic it looks like the straight one would do just fine
I'm pretty sure a straight will work as we have roughly the same car and mine is straight. Not sure what you mean by bent, though.

PM sent!

Rear subframe jig is complete!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back