The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need wire schematic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
I need the wiring schematic for the 2g alarm and keyless entry system. Looking to solve a modification I know many are wanting to do and no one yet seems to have solved. I have a Hanes manual, which has no schematics I'm looking for, and a Chilton manual which has one, but it's kind of vague. Is there a better one out there? Would like to know.

Anyone know what color wires operate the green security light in the gauge cluster? I tinkered around with my previous idea at work yesterday with no success, so now I'm on to another location.

I am thinking that you would have to find what pin on the cluster activates the security light and then find the pin on the connector to find the color of the wire.

Edit: I just spent a good hour trying to find that pin for the cluster. Like I already posted, If you find the pin that activates the light on the cluster, You could find the pin that the wire is where it connects.

Last edited:
I'm building a flux capacitor.... :D

No, seriously, I'm working on getting my lights to flash when I hit the lock and unlock buttons on my key fob. I know many people have asked about it and gotten nowhere, including me. So I'm taking it upon myself to figure it out for everyone. I like doing electrical work on my car anyway, so why not. I know it can be done, just a matter of figuring out the right way.

Then build the write up.

The head and tails? :hmm: Just got me more intrigued (even though I don't have a key fob ).

Besides, everyone knows that the flux capacitor goes in the stock amp location.

I've read through the first link already. Forgot I book marked it for the very last post. I did tap into the floor lights the other day. Didn't work. The headlight LEDs came on along with the gauge lights and tail lights. That entire circuit was energized from it along with the lights on/ignition off chime... even with the doors closed. I tapped into a few pins on the receiver unit as well, no concrete solutions. I did get my 1157 tester set up I built to activate with pin 20 on the receiver, but when I hooked the headlight up, I got nothing. Also having the headlights hooked to the floor lights eventually blew the fuse for that circuit...

Did you get the right green/white wire? In that post it said that there are 2 : one is a ground and the other has + voltage. I don't know but I will continue searching tomorrow and see if I can come up with something else.

I just thought of something, Does the horn sound off when you use the key fob to set the alarm? If so, you may be able to add a second set of LEDs to the lights and have them hooked up to the horn. That way when the horn sounds off, the LEDs will light up as well. I know when my alarm goes off, my headlights flash with the horn. Like I said I don't have a fob so the only way my alarm sets is when I lock the doors.

Yeah. But I thought the horn wasn't in the same circuit. Don't recall the horn ever sounding on my old Spyder unless the alarm went off, which is how this one is. I figure something out. Gonna mess with the green/white wire later after some needed sleep...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back