The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

EVOscan Need More Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryztriumph

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Good afternoon gentlemen,

I recently got the opportunity to run my eclipse on a mobile dyno. It was a bit of a disappointment, given the mods I have and the time I've spent on the car. I only made 279hp and 295tq @ 25psi.

Does anyone have any suggestions to reach the potential of the hta68? My profile is up to date and all I have around here (for the moment) is 93 octane pump gas. The temps did get quite high on the run ~ 230ish. Could it just pulled timing? Would switching to ECMLink help me here? The tune with ecuflash was quite bad.

Thanks,

Ryan

Dyno sheet link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4a-Fneg_mBWQllDaGZqQ0EtZ2s/view?usp=sharing

Video
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

+

93 octane pump gas

= Crappy recipe for big power.

I'd have to see a log (which I don't have the ability to view with Evo Scan) to say whether or not you can make more power. However, I'd say those numbers are pretty decent for pump gas on the 68HTA.

One major benifit to swapping to ECMlink would be being able to get feedback on your tune from a large part of the community here. But, a well tuned car is a well tuned car, whether it's on Evo Scan or ECMlink. The question is, how well is the car tuned?

The log output from evoscan is just a .csv file so anyone can view it with excel or even notepad on their computer. From your other thread you said you were hitting just over 320 load which depending on RPM puts you in the 28-30 lb/min range. So I would say that your dyno is very close.

If you post up a log I can graph it similar to what ECMlink does so the guys on here may be able to offer some input.

Last edited:
What kind of dyno? The dyno graph says dynojet but those numbers seem low to me, especially since your FWD.. I made 292whp/264wtq on a mustang dyno with an evoIII 16g at STM. I'm impressed with the torque output but otherwise something isn't right.. if @95REGF150 is correct and you're only flowing 28-30lb/min then there's definitely something wrong..

I JUST came in from doing a pull with my v1 68hta and I'm showing 49.2lbs/min in the log at 26psi. On pump gas.

Without his log I cant say for sure. To get lb/min from load you need the rpm. I guessed 4000 rpm for spool up but it may be higher. And if so then thats higher lb/min.

I would say at this point, the tune isn't great. It has plenty of room for improvement. A friend and DSM guru told me that with high coolant temps, it could be a blown head gasket. It doesn't have fantastic compression, ~130 across the board, but it doesn't push any coolant after a pull.

I've attached a log for you guys to look at. I really appreciate the input, it is hard to find a community dedicated to helping each other like this. Thanks again.

*Edit, I believe it was a dynojet.

Link to log.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4a-Fneg_mBWWGlsZUhMMXBrSkk

Last edited:
Ill convert that to a graph when I have some time later but right off the bat I can tell you your airflow from load of 245 at 7250 rpm is peaking around 37-40lb/min. You dont have many knock counts which is great for being on pump gas. You didn't log octane level but doesnt look like the ECU interpolated any to the low octane map on this run (i.e. the ECU did not pull any timing). Coolant temps are high but I would venture to say all your power is going away in your timing. You are only running 0deg starting up to 6deg at max rpm under boost.

Not much you can do about that with this turbo on pump gas at 25psi. You either need a better flowing turbo that doesnt spool well or better fuel like e-85

Also FYI your using the standard MUTIII definition for Evoscan. So many of the values on that list are the wrong address or scaled wrong for our ROM. Use the Evoscan definition Ceddy provides with the ROM. For example the 1 Byte load in the definition your using will always be wrong as it is using Tephra's 1.2 factor and Ceddy's uses 1.25.

Last edited:
Yeah your timing is horrible.. for reference on my dyno run with the evoIII hitting 9 degrees at 4k ramping up to 17 degrees. I don't recommend STARTING with that aggressive of a timing curve, but I don't see why starting with 6 degrees working gradually up to 12 would be anything unsafe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back