The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

race_me420

Probationary Member
Mar 25, 2017
Albertville, Alabama
I need some info on a parts car I just acquired. First I have a 92 eagle talon tsi awd I have been parting and piecing together for a while now and just got a 91 awd eclipse for parts. I need some misc brackets and the intake mani off the parts car to get my tsi running again. What other parts should I take off off the parts car other than motor, tranny, and harness? I plan on stripping all the parts I can before the body goes to scrap but what parts are the hard to find and more expensive? The parts car is complete minus turbo and front bumper.

If the parts car was complete why didn't you make it run?
It was running when parked just a fender bender on front could fix it with fender and front bumper but it was a parts car without a title. I don't know if I can get a title for it or not but I'll check with the dmv. It was supposed to be a running driving car but was bought for parts and sat for a few years I thought about throwing my other 16g on it and see if it will fire up.

What are the major differences in the 91 awd eclipse and the 92 talon tsi awd other than the body?

NICE ^^^^

And if you are scrapping it, save the pop up headlight mechanisms and covers for sure.
Misc switches and such inside are always good to keep also, in my mind, but I have a '90 so I am biased.

The vfaq helps a lot but how would I be able to tell if my tsi is 92 or 92.5? And if I can get the eclipse titled would it be worth it to restore it and just find another intake mani and power steering bracket for my tsi? I don't ever see these cars around me so idk what they are even worth? I know just the turbo 1g cars sell for a few grand so would the awd cars be worth more?

The motor is a 6 bolt but I don't think its original. I'll look at the rear end and see what it is later. How many people are still running these cars? They seem to be pretty hard to find.

I just bought a 90 GSX from a friend that I'm trying to get going for road track racing and he and I bought a 94 GS parts car that we're cannibalizing for parts. They're still out there, but definitely getting harder to find.

I really wanna clean up the engine bay as well maybe get rid of a lot of crap that's not needed but I hear the wire tuck is hard to do in these cars

I have looked through some forums and can't find any info on how to take the factory ground effects off a 92 tsi for painting. Can anyone help with a link or point me in the right direction?

I need some info on a parts car I just acquired. First I have a 92 eagle talon tsi awd I have been parting and piecing together for a while now and just got a 91 awd eclipse for parts. I need some misc brackets and the intake mani off the parts car to get my tsi running again. What other parts should I take off off the parts car other than motor, tranny, and harness? I plan on stripping all the parts I can before the body goes to scrap but what parts are the hard to find and more expensive? The parts car is complete minus turbo and front bumper.
Ok so the car got delivered to the house today and I went through it I don't know if it's worth trying to get a title and get it back on the road because it would need fenders bumper and headlight covers. Also I found out it's not a 91 it is a 1990 awd eclipse 5 speed. The vfaq says the oil cooler is air cooled and my 92 tsi is liquid cooled. Would this make any difference with putting the engine in my tsi?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back