The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Need Help with Tune -- Running Extremely Rich

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msisto

Proven Member
Jun 30, 2018
Rochester, New_York
Hello All,

I recently acquired a '98 GST. According to the guy I bought it from, it has a race tune on it. This includes atrocious gas mileage -- 15mpg on the highway. I wanted to tune it to keep some of the speed, but restore gas mileage. I have been using ECUFlash to try and adjust things, following YouTube tutorials and using the article "How To: Get a Basic Tune with ECUFlash." However, I have not been having much luck. Here is a list of the modifications that are on the car:

AWD swap
255 Wally
Fuel Clinic 1050cc injectors
16g TD05 turbo
3-inch exhaust pipe (kind of a mess; I'd like to get rid of it)
Megan Racing downpipe
Innovative wideband (I think it is the LC-1? It seems to log fine in EvoScan under that designation)

Here are some screenshots of ECUFlash and the current settings on the car. I included at least what I knew to be relevant, but if you need something else, I'd be happy to take another picture of it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It also likes to stumble when starting in 1st gear, I'm assuming because of the current AFR settings. However, when I change the 17.0 and 16.5 settings to 14.7, my acceleration becomes terrible. Anyone who can help, I would be most appreciative.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back