1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

ECMlink Need help with idle & 2150s

Posted by ishnish, Jun 22, 2018

Please Support Boostin Performance
  1. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Hey guys, so I finally got to installing my 2150s. They're brand new and I have the data sheet from FIC but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Especially because the voltage offset columns jump from 39 psi and to 45 psi and I do not have the info for 43.5 psi for my 2g gsx (1999). Even if I did though, what would I do with it? I'm trying to research and learn but it's difficult to find a source that explains things to a beginner like me in tuning. My car idles very roughly now after the install. My mods list is up to date as well if that helps. No boost leaks as far as I'm concerned. Everything should be good to go. It's just a matter of what to put in for global and deadtimes I believe. I'm not sure if I should even mess with the InjBatteryAdj tables on link because I have no idea where to start. Also, if it makes a difference, my car is on stock boost on my evo 3 16g and I am running 91 pump gas. Any help would really be appreciated guys.

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   manual
  2. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Also, my base fuel pressure is as close to 43.5 psi as I can get it. I'm pretty sure it's right there, it's just hard to tell from the gauge increments on my fuelab afpr.

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  3. tk106

tk106 Proven Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

16g   manual
  4. tk106

tk106 Proven Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

16g   manual
  5. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.620 @ 108.460 MPH
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.612 @ 107.760 MPH
  6. doubleclutch

doubleclutch Supporting Member

Joined Jun 26, 2009
    Canton, Michigan
    My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

14.945 @ 93.64 MPH
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (sold)

T25   manual
    ishnish and 1990TSIAWDTALON like this.
  7. 1990TSIAWDTALON

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    I can get some numbers later when I can get my laptop fired up.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.620 @ 108.460 MPH
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.612 @ 107.760 MPH
  8. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Yeah that is one of the problems

Hey Marty, yes I did set it to 43.5. I've also already read that thread and calculated my InjBatteryAdj values as well.
    My question is: When you say fiddle with some numbers, how do you know what numbers are acceptable and what not? Do you just plug in any random numbers? I used both of those sets as the baselines and I have my car idling okay but not like stock. It is still pretty rough. Also, what values on my log should I be paying attention to to make sure all is good? For example, my wideband gauge would hover at 14.7 tp 15.7ish or so but on airfuel ratio estimate on link, it would be around 21. I am not sure if that is a bad sign or not.

I will try to get a log up for you guys. Sorry, it's been hectic

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  9. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Also, Marty, I noticed you said you fiddled with the global and deadtimes. But, did you leave your InjBatteryAdj values at stock values?

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  10. 1990TSIAWDTALON

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    Nope, I fiddled with them to, just to see what "felt" better in the car. I am on E85 so my global and deadtimes will be different than on gas.
    Yes, I sit in the car and ad global a little at a time to see what it does to my LTFT and STFT's. I am looking for within 5% of both. I do it while the car is running and apply my changes as I go. If it doesn't react the way I want, I go the other direction until I find a happy place. The DT is where I get my LTFT and STFT to get in line usually. It's just a fun little game I play with my car. I am always logging and messing with it if it is acting funny. My injvoltoffset is just what MY car liked as it was sitting there running. Works for me.
    Here are my e85 settings and my car was idling perfect and driving smoother than it ever had after my son and I drove it and tweaked it as I drove. I even blew a coupler off and it drove us home just like a N/A car. LOL
    Remember these are E85 settings for my setup.
    Screenshot_20180622-100517.png Screenshot_20180622-100925.png Screenshot_20180622-100952.png

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.620 @ 108.460 MPH
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.612 @ 107.760 MPH
    iugrad92turbo likes this.
  11. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    I just did a cruise and am still having trouble dialing in my idle so if anyone else wants to help or has some tips, feel free. Got my InjBatteryAdj values put in and have been trying to fiddle with the MAFComp adjusters to try and get AirflowPerRev down to 0.25 but that sucker will just not lower. Also tried increasing deadtime to lower CombFt and I believe I finally got it down to 0-1%. But Idle is still rough.

This log doesn't have me messing with my deadtimes but it does have my idle before cruising, cruise, and then the idle after.

Attached Files:

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  12. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    1). No boost, vac, or exhaust leaks.
    No leaks

2). Verify mechanical timing.
    Good

3). Verify base timing
    Good to go, 5*

4). Ignition system
    Good

5). Motor health
    Good, Healthy compression. I believe over 170 psi on all 4.

6). Basic throttle body adjustments.
    Good

7). Compression ratio
    8.5:1

8). Wiring and sensors
    Good

9). No DTC/CEL codes
    None

10). Electrical system
    Battery 12.5v with car off, 13.0v with car running

11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
    2150 cc high impedance injectors, 43.5psi base fuel pressure

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
    Good to go

13). Type of fuel
    91 Pump Gas

14). ECMlink how-to videos
    Watched

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  13. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    I have *heard* that 2150s tend to not idle well on gas.

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
  14. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    This *may* explain a lot. Not only that, but I wonder if 91 gas may have anything to do with it

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  15. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Alright guys I just went on a very long cruise and have a log that maybe will be even better for anyone who can help me with these injectors. If anyone can help with the cruise portion of the tuning that'd be great!

Attached Files:

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  16. doubleclutch

doubleclutch Supporting Member

Joined Jun 26, 2009
    Canton, Michigan
    You need to get your ISC down to around 30 at idle by adjusting the BISS
    Unless you have cams, your airflowper rev should be .24-.25
    Fuel trims are reasonable
    I don't really see anything else, but i didn't look too hard.

For wot tuning, your AFRs look real safe, target 11.0 on 93 and your timing is real safe.

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

14.945 @ 93.64 MPH
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (sold)

T25   manual
    iugrad92turbo likes this.
  17. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Alright guys went on another cruise today this time trying to put more load on the engine after using the template that the ecu suggested for my MAFComp tab. What I noticed is that the car bogs BADLY and doesn't wanna go when in lower rpms. This is mostly noticeable in 1st and 2nd gear.. Mostly first. I noticed that afr's will shoot up to 22 on my gauge and the car just doesn't wanna go until the rpm slowly increases and finally afrs come down to normal and the car starts to move. It's pretty bad to where people in the intersections get pretty annoyed.

Also, idle is still rough and definitely not smooth.

Here is the cruise log for today if anyone has any suggestions

Attached Files:

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  18. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Crap idk what happened there. I haven't touched the biss since I had the throttle body rebuilt because it was perfect.

On my new log I believe my airflowperrev is at .25

Haven't even touched WOT tuning yet. Also, I am on 91. I'm running the evo 8 timing maps

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  19. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    So not sure what's going on now. I went on ecmlink and grounded both of the pins by checking the two boxes in the misc tab before adjusting isc. When turning the biss, the isc value just does not move whatsoever and stays glued to 9. When I uncheck the boxes it goes up to the 70s during idle

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  20. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Is your isc good.

21. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Thank you very much for chiming in, I'm in need of a lot of help.

As far as I know, yes. I tested the isc with the multimeter and made sure all the coils were getting 28-30 ohms which they were. This was a few months ago btw. I also made sure to pull it out and physically look at it while my gf turned the key in on the car which turned on the isc. And I watched it extend out, turn a little or vibrate, then go back in (At least that's as much as I can remember it). I then sent out my ecu to the guys at ecmlink and they got back to me saying that they don's see anything wrong with the ecu. Finally, I sent out my throttle body (which is a 1g nt tb) to Steve Monroe who also verified that it is working and he made sure everything was perfectly adjusted after rebuilding my throttle body. At that point, my car was idling perfectly and all values were where they should be.

I'm not sure when the isc went out of whack on the value in ecmlink, but it's bugging the crap out of me. Maybe this is why I can't get these injectors dialed in for idle?

I can't seem to find LearnedIdleAdjust either to make sure it's at 140 btw. I'm not sure how to view it.

Also, it's only been a few months and I've only driven the car MAX like 300 miles MAYBE. I really don't think the ISC could have went bad or the ecu drivers for it. Could it have?

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  22. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    This MAY or MAY NOT have to do with it but I have a buddy who flipped the tps 180* because it made the intake manifold area look cleaner and he had no problem making sure it was adjusted properly. So I did the same and adjusted my tps which is fine but do you guys think that has anything to do with it? So instead of the connecter facing up towards the 1-2 oclock area, it's flipped 180* facing down towards the 7-8 oclock area. If no one knows what I mean, you can view my pics on my build to get an idea.

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  23. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    Can anyone please help? Trying to get some info for when I have a free day so I am not just blind guessing

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual
  24. snowborder714

snowborder714 Moderator

Joined Oct 15, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
    My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

12.529 @ 110.820 MPH
  25. ishnish

ishnish Proven Member

Joined Jun 26, 2011
    Modesto, California
    I will get one tomorrow morning! I've messed with it a little bit and got my isc down to 30 but then when adjusting the mafcomp sliders and deadtimes, it went up to 40. Idk if this is normal.

My DSM:

Street Build

16g   manual